Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Dec 13, 2004, 1:38 AM   #1

Well it say's it's like the Adorama Hama. I wonder if it's the same thing made buy the same company. I emailed the seller and asked if he had more. He listed one as a buy it now for me. I figure for $8.00, I'll try it since the Hama's are currently not availible. He also has a neat hand strap that I ordered too. I posted a link to it in Willow's thread.

By the way, I'm a new FZ20 0wner. Also, I just ordered all the neat goodies per your all's recomendation's. Can't wait to get them.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...e=STRK:MEWA:IT
Quick Cal is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 13, 2004, 5:12 AM   #2

I have that exact same one from ebay, its good. there is slight vignetting at wide angles when attaching it to the phayee adaptor (72 mm hood). Of course if you push the hood to the wide angle position and then vignetting isnt a problem.
I have only had it for a few days but it seems good.
Below is a picture of the FZ10, phayee adaptor and the hood in the telephoto position.
Attached Images

Treemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2004, 10:01 PM   #3

nice set up monkey...i need 1 too should i go with a therded or a slip on for 62mm?

Willow
willow1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14, 2004, 1:09 AM   #4

Treemonkey wrote:
Quote:
I have that exact same one from ebay, its good. there is slight vignetting at wide angles when attaching it to the phayee adaptor (72 mm hood). Of course if you push the hood to the wide angle position and then vignetting isnt a problem.
Would you know if the 62mm version of the hood have the same problem with vignetting at wide angles? I'm thinking of getting the 62mm version and not having to bother with the extra 72mm Phayee section. Is there any advantage to having the 72mm hood?
danlau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14, 2004, 4:14 AM   #5

I guess (I dont actually know) that the 62 mm version would be worse in terms of vignetting. I may not have made myself clear that vignetting is only a problem at wide angle and using the hood in the telephoto position, this is a position you would not usually use. When using the hood in the telephoto position and past ~2x optical zoom there is no vignetting.
The hood is great for the price. I went for the 72 mm version as the 62 mm one would look a little ugly when attached to the 62 mm thread of the adaptor.
Willow, if you think this is a good setup what about the attached photo. I got my 6T, dcr250 and sunpak 383 yesterday. Hell that dcr250 is powerful, sunpak 383 is amazing bouncing the flash gives some great results. The nikon 6T is pretty nice, I cant wait to try it out on some weird Australian bugs this weekend.
Attached Images

Old Dec 14, 2004, 4:45 AM   #6

What's a dcr250
Quick Cal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14, 2004, 4:57 AM   #7

It is a very powerful macro lens. It allows you to take a photo of something aprox 1x1 inch and for it to take up the whole screen. You take the photo at full 12x zoom and at a distance of ~4 inches. The depth of field ie the depth of the image that is in focus is just a couple of mm, very powerful but very difficult to use.
It is actually called the Raynox dcr-250. Do a google search of it if you want to find out more.
Old Dec 14, 2004, 5:20 AM   #8

Just bought one myself ... I have a 62mm Hama hood but it does look a little ugly as I can only attach it at the end of the first half of the Phayee adapter. this 72mm should look nice being attahed to the whole Phayee ...

How long did it take to get yours ... I am in Norway

I have a silver Fz 20 ...how is the colour of your Phayee silver ...shiny does it match the body colour of your silver camera well ...I find it to be off a little ...I was thinking maybe all are that same colour?

Also any ideas where I can get a black panasonic neck strap ... I am considering getting the wrist one as well, but not too sure yet....
jesuswon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14, 2004, 5:55 AM   #9

The hood took approx 2 weeks to arrive, I live in Sydney and I think they were sent from the US so it should be quicker to Norway or course with Christmas coming up you can expect some very, very long delays.
The colour is very similar, the phayee adaptor is slightly more metallic looking than the lens enclosure but the difference is almost impossible to see.
Neck strap: I have no idea, If I was you I would go into your local camera store and buy another brand strap ie Canon as they are a lot better with a wider strap bit which spreads the load on the neck a bit better. I am considering buying another strap at the moment but I have Christmas presents to buy first!
Old Dec 14, 2004, 6:05 AM   #10

thanks Treemonkey!

Hows the weather down under?
jesuswon is offline   Reply With Quote