Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Dec 14, 2004, 7:44 PM   #11

Treemonkey wrote:
Quote:
I have one suggestion, put the gun down and pick the camera up. In my opinion shooting with a camera is a lot more satisfying than shooting with a gun.
Any idiot can shoot a gun and far too many idiots do, the real test of skill is shooting with a camera.
I like the idea of a dual Nick but lets make it a Camera shooting duel! Best photo wins.
That will sort the men from the boys!
I only use a "gun" in the service, I use a shotgun for hunting as does my wife. I have only just gotten my Fluzi, so I have some training to do with it before I can consider myself good. I don't have much time to just fool around during the day as the animals and farm chores come first (most of the day). So the only time Ihave is at night, and I can't take too many photos then. Come summer, things may get a little looser, but I may be able to have some pictures of a newborn goat soon as we have one that is due "sometime in December or early January" Besides, we all know the real test of skill is spitting watermelon seeds.
GnomonMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14, 2004, 8:07 PM   #12

GnomonMaster wrote:
Quote:
I am still in, and have the rank of Staff Sgt.
This is the only reason I brought up the rank thing. It appeared that you where adding your rank as if being a sergeant makes any difference.

GnomonMaster wrote:
Quote:
Try to keep this on a nonpersonal level, we will all be much happier.
This is why I brought up the 10 posts thing. It seemed that you where saying that we (meaning you and the rest of the forum) would be much happier. With only 10 posts how could you know the members of this forum that well? I did not mean anything bad about you only having 10 posts.

GnomonMaster wrote:
Quote:
Ummm. Bobc I have 18 years in the new york air national guard
This is why I brought up the national guard thing. I have nothing against any branch of service full or part time, but 6 years of 24 hours a day 365 days a year comes out to about 90 years of 1 weekend a month. I've lived in very harsh conditions for 45 days at a time, then went back to garrison for 3 days and went right back out for another 45 days. There is a very big difference between full and part time, but that does not make me better than you.

I commend you for being a soldier, and if you are a true soldier, then we will both be soldiers till we die.

All this aside...

My question to you is.

Do you think it is safe practice to have a weapon holstered, with the safety off, with a round chambered, and not pointing down range?

Weather your procedures dictate it or not...

I would hope to GOD that your answere is not just no... But... HYELL NO!!!

I do not intend to offend you in any way, and I hope this does not deter you from posting here as you are part of our dissfunctional family.

And you have my respect for being a solder. Not everyone knows the sacrifices that our service members take, and to volonteer for those kinds of sacrifices is an honorable thing.

You have my solute...

bobc
bobc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14, 2004, 8:07 PM   #13

Thanks for sharing Eli's web site. The smartest dog I was ever around was a blue eyed Australian Shepard.
jimr503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14, 2004, 8:10 PM   #14

I for one would really like to see a picture of a new born goat spitting watermelon seeds. But, that's just me.

My hats off to both your military services. I personally, was in the Navy. Fast Attack Submarines. You know what we say about ships?
There are only two kinds, submarines and targets.:lol:

Can't wait to see those pics of the baby goat, seeds or no seeds.

smac

smac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14, 2004, 8:14 PM   #15

smac wrote:
Quote:
My hats off to both your military services. I personally, was in the Navy. Fast Attack Submarines. You know what we say about ships?
You know what they say about those navy men...

150 men go out to sea... 75 couples come back...

Just kidding smac. My hats off to your sevrice as well.

bobc
bobc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14, 2004, 8:16 PM   #16

Hey, I see you do know something about submarines. Excellent!

My skin is way to thick. You'll have to do better than that. :G

smac
smac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 22, 2004, 10:44 PM   #17

[Do you think it is safe practice to have a weapon holstered, with the safety off, with a round chambered, and not pointing down range?]

The Beretta M9 is a double action pistol. Carrying in a holster with a round in the chamber and the safety off, with the hammer down, is no more dangerous than carrying a loaded revolver. Millions of people (cops, for instance) do it daily without incident. I'd be concerned if the gun was carried with the hammer cocked and the safety off, otherwise, it's perfectly safe.

I do agree about keeping the finger off the trigger till the gun is on target. However, as evidenced by where the offending shot actually hit, at 25 yards, it's a safe bet the sightswere on target when the "gut shot" was fired. Otherwise, the round would've missed entirely.
squirl033 is offline   Reply With Quote