Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Dec 14, 2004, 12:47 AM   #1

What do you think? Should I go to Hollywood and try out?
Attached Images

Jering is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 14, 2004, 1:09 PM   #2

Neat-O. (Posterization?) Not quite what your typical actor's headshot looks like... you're sure to stand out from the rest. See if maybe David Lynch has a casting call out for his next flick?
NickTrop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14, 2004, 4:09 PM   #3

Actually, Nick, it started as a B&W still photo with an old video camcorder. I then found a freebee application on the web that would assign contrasting colors to neighboring grayscale levels. The original purpose was to make xrays easier to decipher. After playing in that program for a while then I put it into Photoshop and finished it up. I have about three or four versions of this on my calling cards and they never fail to get a reaction from my clients. I think maybe one or two more cards are retained this way as well. Thought you may enjoy seeing it in view of your "portrait."
Jering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14, 2004, 4:47 PM   #4

Jering wrote:
Quote:
I think maybe one or two more cards are retained this way as well. Thought you may enjoy seeing it in view of your "portrait."
Actually, this is pretty ingenious from a marketing standpoint, apart from being cool-looking. I'm sure it does get noticed by your clients.
Old Dec 14, 2004, 6:28 PM   #5

I am just going to be honest and hope I don't hurt your feelings. From a woman's perspective, you look like Jeffrey Dahmer. Scary, with no expression on your face, and to top it off the effects, to me, look like you are trying to hide who you really are (so as not to get caught!). I am not saying that you are any of these things, but it is very scary, esp. to a woman.
Nancy Gabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14, 2004, 10:45 PM   #6

Nancy Gabby wrote:
Quote:
you look like Jeffrey Dahmer.* Scary
:shock:Nanceeeeeeee! Geeeeez! [gives Nancy a big-brotherly "shhhh, willya" kick in the shin :roll: under the cyber table]. [Is grateful she reserved comment on my pic...]
Old Dec 15, 2004, 8:21 PM   #7

Nick, we can see you, and it appears that the expression on your face is part acting. Looks good, I have friends in Howard Beach, a lot of them look like that, and they all have that tough guy look. Maybe I should have been more PC but the picture is scary, it has nothing to do with the person (esp. being that we can't really see him), but if I was chatting with a guy on the internet (not that I do that <<clears throat>> anymore...) and he sent me that picture, lets just sayI wouldn't meet him for a cup of coffee (if he had removedthat color mask it would be a whole different story--just a girls opinion, I think you should make this forum guys only (then I'd crash every now and again, or disguise myself as "Hank" the macho FZ20 owner with hair on his knuckles...
Nancy Gabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16, 2004, 12:11 AM   #8

Nancy Gabby wrote:
Quote:
Nick, we can see you, and it appears that the expression on your face is part acting.
Nah, I took that indoors with an ir filter, so I literally needed an 8 second shutter speed. I had to remain expressionless and motionless.

Quote:
I have friends in Howard Beach, a lot of them look like that, and they all have that tough guy look.
I'm really a pussycat who refuses to squash spiders in the house, and catches them an lets them go outside, holds doors open for woman out of habit, and gives up his seat to the elderly on public trans, gives people breaks on the road when they're pinned in the other lane or are pulling out of a driveway... (For this I was considered "a hippie" by some gen-X women who worked for me, so they bought me a lava lamp for my office..._

Quote:
but if I was chatting with a guy on the internet (not that I do that <<clears throat>> anymore...)
:lol:

Quote:
(then I'd crash every now and again, or disguise myself as "Hank" the macho FZ20 owner with hair on his knuckles...
... seen your pic. Ain no way you're ever passin' for a "hairy-knuckled hank" - even in cyberspace.
Old Dec 16, 2004, 8:12 PM   #9

Jake D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 17, 2004, 1:37 AM   #10

Jake D,

How does it make you any better to call Nancy Gabby what you did? Guess you were trying to make a point. Nice going sport.
vIZnquest is offline   Reply With Quote