Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Dec 15, 2004, 8:04 AM   #11

mslan wrote:
Quote:
What site is Olympus/emporium and as asked what is the rear threading so I can figure out if i need a step down adapter. Thanks.
Google olympus emorium and go to special offers. While there, also check out the Soft Leather Case for SLR Cameras for $20. It holds the fz1/2/3 with adapter attached and room to spare with a couple of other pockets. Very nice leather bag.
The c-210 has 52mm rear threads. It does not have front threads but a 55mm dummy filter fits almost perfectly if you file down the male threads slightly and push it on.
fmoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 15, 2004, 7:43 PM   #12

I use the FZ1/2 and love it. It does everything I want and more. I think that sooner or later I will add the FZ 20 for its manual focusing, added pixels and histogram.

Before I do,I hope someone could explain to me how a lens with a 72 mm filter when used with step down rings and 52 or 55 mm lensess as you all recommend will not show vignetting either using a telephoto add on or a macro add on.

Thanks in advance for the response.

Don
almardon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 15, 2004, 8:09 PM   #13

almardon wrote:
Quote:
I use the FZ1/2 and love it. It does everything I want and more. I think that sooner or later I will add the FZ 20 for its manual focusing, added pixels and histogram.

Before I do,I hope someone could explain to me how a lens with a 72 mm filter when used with step down rings and 52 or 55 mm lensess as you all recommend will not show vignetting either using a telephoto add on or a macro add on.

Thanks in advance for the response.

Don
Most of us use a 62 mm adapter such as the Phayee, Pemeraal, etc. As such a 62-52 or 62-55 step ring is fine.
tacticalnuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 15, 2004, 10:28 PM   #14

almardon wrote:
Quote:
I hope someone could explain to me how a lens with a 72 mm filter when used with step down rings and 52 or 55 mm lensess as you all recommend will not show vignetting either using a telephoto add on or a macro add on.
The fz20 stock adapter will cause vignetting with all those step rings mainly because the add-on converters are placed so far away from the camera lens. The front end of the supplied 72mm adapter is some 20mm from the lens and the step rings only increase that distance. The third party adapters bring the front end as close to the fz lens as possible and reduce the diameter to anywhere from 52-62mm depending on the adapter.
fmoore is offline   Reply With Quote