Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Dec 15, 2004, 2:15 AM   #1

I then attempted the dcr-250, now that is one powerful lens! The photos came up ok but they were taken inside and taking photos of things that may move is my next target.
I appreciate any comments, positive or negative
Attached Images

Treemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 15, 2004, 2:16 AM   #2

Attached Images

Old Dec 15, 2004, 2:17 AM   #3

Attached Images

Old Dec 15, 2004, 5:25 AM   #4

Ok, honest Kiwi comment.....these are fantastic !!!. Simple as that. The small balls of pollen really stand out well. Impressive macro shots TM.

Moving targets are a bit different. To start off with outside on insects, you need practice to understand the lens and the settings. Ok, put down some small slices of watermelon and apple, that should attract, ants, butterflies, bees and flies. That willget them busy on eating and not worry so much about you. move slowly and don't cross the path of the sun. They don't like sudden changes in light. Use aperture priority, preferably at F/8, manual focus, lock the shutter half way and just move backward and forward until you see sharp focus and then press the shutter button the rest of the way. You probably know this stuff anyway, but I'm not sure.

All the best and great macro work

Danny.

nzmacro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 15, 2004, 5:44 AM   #5

Thanks Danny. I have learnt a lot from this forum already so it has given me a bit of a head start.
I am taking 3 weeks off over Christmas (joys of being a PhD student, Chem dept closes for 2 weeks!) and one of those weeks will be some quality time spent with my FZ10. Just me, my camera and those weird Australian bugs!
Old Dec 15, 2004, 5:49 AM   #6

Thanks Danny. I have learnt a lot from this forum already so it has given me a bit of a head start.
I am taking 3 weeks off over Christmas (joys of being a PhD student, Chem dept closes for 2 weeks!) and one of those weeks will be some quality time spent with my FZ10. Just me, my camera and those weird Australian bugs!
Old Dec 15, 2004, 7:50 AM   #7

Looking good, particularlty considering they are taken indoors. Dont be too caught up in the power of the dcr250. It is also a wonderful lens at less than 12x zoom. Backing off a little on zoom to better frame the shot will also give greater depth of field. As for moving objects, you want to get them NOT moving as Danny suggested. Lots of bright sunlight and as little motion (breeze,etc) as possible.

Fred
fmoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 15, 2004, 2:00 PM   #8

These are fantastic. There's something about the Raynox macro lens... I think it's the low DOF that isolates the subject of whatever you're shooting. There's a lot to learn about this lens, it doesn't just make things bigger.
NickTrop is offline   Reply With Quote