Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Dec 15, 2004, 5:45 PM   #1

Hi all

As it warmed up i ventured out to find this beautiful Golden colored dragonfly sunning !!!

Willow
Attached Images

willow1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 15, 2004, 5:47 PM   #2

pic 02
Attached Images

Old Dec 15, 2004, 5:47 PM   #3

pic 03
Attached Images

Old Dec 15, 2004, 5:47 PM   #4

pic 04
Attached Images

Old Dec 15, 2004, 6:58 PM   #5

I like pic #4 the best but they are all great photos!
TheDude86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 15, 2004, 7:36 PM   #6

I like them all.

But I think number 3 is the SHISNAY!!!

bobc
bobc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 15, 2004, 7:57 PM   #7

thx bob and the dude.......i like his color :G

Willow
Old Dec 16, 2004, 12:25 AM   #8

Funny you posted these... channel surfing last night (think it was...) saw some dude on Fear Factor have to eat four live ones (dragonflies...)

Man... I just love your photos... Keep'em rollin'
NickTrop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16, 2004, 3:20 PM   #9

Quote:
Funny you posted these... channel surfing last night (think it was...) saw some dude on Fear Factor have to eat four live ones (dragonflies...)
Heck Nick, that is sick M8t. Humans, man oh man the strangest critter's on earth. I won't go there, my blood pressure goes to high. :-)

Willow, terrifc shots and great details. I also love that lighting. Nice shooting .......M8t, buddy, pal :-)

Danny.
nzmacro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16, 2004, 3:55 PM   #10

nzmacro wrote:
Quote:
Heck Nick, that is sick M8t. Humans, man oh man the strangest critter's on earth. I won't go there, my blood pressure goes to high. *:-)
Not so strange... man is an animal (first and foremost) that has the adaptation of creating its own environment in which to survive/thrive. Unfortunately, the environment the species homosapien creats is unnatural, and therefore evil. It can not co-exist with its natural - good, Godly environment. One or the other will ultimately be destroyed. The unnatural environment - Capitalism, forces those which exist within it to perform unnatural acts for survival - in this case eating four live dragonflies for money, and we tune in to watch.

The existentialist realizes these are the conditions that prevail, the environment he is forced to exits in is unnatural, unGodly, and unpure. He is powerless to change this. He knows to he must play a part in it the procreation of evil or perish. Perishing would be the clear solution, but paradoxically, he has a strong survival force built in to him. He is the ultimate paradox, and truely a damned creature living a damned existance. He is either pitied or exploited by the other creatures in nature, though he is the means of their demise.

So he preoccupies himself with activities such as photography that gives him temporary relief from the pain caused by the cognizance of his condition, and to keep from going mad.

Of all the arts, I can at least admire, capture, and retain a(n) (unnatural) representation of a pure object captured in a moment in time. I can study and admire purity and goodness through photography, though can never hope to achieve this myself.

That's why I enjoy photography. How bout you?
NickTrop is offline   Reply With Quote