Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Dec 21, 2004, 8:11 PM   #21

My heartfelt thanks to all servicemen and women all around the world. My heartfelt thanks to all of the families with empy chairs this Christmas. May your loved ones come home safe and sound.

To those who have lost loved ones, I share your grief for those you have lost. Thelives were lost protecting the last beacon of freedom, protecting my life and the lives of all of my family. We do what it takes to make sure that the lives were not lost in vain. That the sacrifice will not be forgotten.

Thank you so much
Attached Images

Ramblin_mo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 22, 2004, 11:34 PM   #22

Bob I'd like to hear the music. Think lyrics great. Tried to post an eagle picture earlier but thought it wouldn't post because I used a Minolta to take it. This picture was taken with FZ20 so it should work, though not as good as Minolta picture.
Attached Images

jimr503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 25, 2004, 12:17 PM   #23

What ifyou were born Iraqis and got tortured and sodomized, had your houses destroyed and your children murdered by the brave American soldiers fornothing but afoul smelling black liquid-I am sure you'd have some other opinion. If you were an Iraqi, Steve, you'd not be deleting messages like mine from the post. (I must specify that I amneither Muslim, nor Arab, but a Christian) Just think that all the evil you now do may sometimes come back upon you!
victordinu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 25, 2004, 2:30 PM   #24

vIZnquest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 25, 2004, 5:17 PM   #25
Administrator

NickTrop and vIZnquest:

From time to time, political discussions start up. Unfortunately, people tend to get passionate about their politics. As a result, the threads tend to escalate into more heated discussions, name calling, etc. (or just as bad, turning the forums into a venue for selling someone'sbeliefs). You get the picture.

That's not a good atmophere for a Digital Photography forum.

I can't speak for Steve. But, I can tell you that he doesn't wantpolticalposts, and has instructed me to feel free to delete any and all of them. He didn't say conservative posts versus liberal posts, and we've never even dicussed political or religious views. In other words, don't assume that posts were deleted because they didn't conform to his viewpoints.

I don't read every thread, and I just took the time to read through this one today. If I would have noticed the posts, I probably would have deleted them, too -- asking the posters to please keep politics out of the threads (regardless of the viewpoint expressed).

There are plenty of forums for politics. This is a Digital Photography Forum.

The Panasonic Forum is one of the most enthusiastic forums on the site (with more posts than any other forum except for the General Forum). You're part of that enthusiasm. The Panasonic Forum has threadsthat are fun to participate in and read. When you mix politics and/or religion in,things tend to get ugly. Someone usually gets offended and/or angry in these types of discussions.

So, I hope you'll both reconsider your position on this.

Put yourself in Steve's shoes. Would you want your forums turning into a place for people to come and debate poltics if your site was dedicated to Digital Photography?

JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 25, 2004, 7:15 PM   #26

JimC.

I started this thread, and I know NickTrop and vIZnquest quite well. They where merely expressing their oppinions, as was I. Sometimes things turn into a debate like this, but... We respect eachother. How could you or Steve possibly think that a small debate on one thread would turn this forum into a political forum? You say this is the most interesting forum out of all of them... Well... Why do you think that is?

You have to expect... And allow... Off topic things to happen. Thats what makes this forum unique. As Nick said... This thread would have dissapeared into the back pages as they all do.

NickTrop and vIZnquest help so many people in this forum, and even though I was the one debating with them... I greatly respect their oppinions.

If you guys where moterating a country, would you just delete the people that said things that you guys did not want to hear? It's the same thing when you guys just decided to move our posts to different threads. Don't you'se realize the work we put into this site?

I don't know who is administrating this site, but... QUIT MESSING WITH OUR STUFF!!!

This may be your site, but it's our work that goes in to helping others, and you guys just feel free to mess it all up any time you feel like it. And if NickTrop and vIZnquest leave because of this, you can probably plan on many others who have made it a daily responiblity to help others here leaving as well. Myself included.

Hope you and your pack of thread stompers have a Happy Freekin Holiday Season.

NickTrop and vIZnquest.

If you guys leave, please email me and let me know if you find a site that respects their users.

[email protected]

I realy wish you guys would not go, you both are a big part of us, and it will never be the same without you. And if you guys do go, I probably will go as well, as I will probably be banned from here due to this post.

Or...

They'll just delete it, like they do everything else that they don't like.

bobc
bobc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 25, 2004, 7:50 PM   #27
Administrator

bobc:

When you get into poltical or religious debates, people get upset and offended. Even though this thread may have been friendlier than most, I did see words like coward used, withsuggestions for apologies, etc.after they were brought to my attention a short while ago. I didn't see the posts that Steve already removed.

We're not moderating a country, we're moderating a Digital Photography Forum with International membersthat have a wide variety of backgrounds. Politics have no place here.

Other than posts that are obviously against the rules (i.e., posts with links promoting commercial sites, wanted/for sale posts), I probably haven't deleted more than abouthalf a dozen or so posts, including two in this thread (certainly less than 10 total over a period of months).

I've been hanging around a lot of forums for a long time, and most have rules that the posts need to be on topic. We don't have a lot of rules here, which is what makes the forums much nicer. But, when posts have the potential to upset other forum members, then it's the moderators' job to put a stop to it.

Trust me, I appreciate the work that you guys put into the forum helping out others, and the Panasonic forumisone of my favorite places to hang out, because of posts from members like you, NickTrop and vIZnquest.

So, I sincerely hope all of you guysstick around. My days would be boring without your posts (and I especially like the stories Nick tells about wrestlers and cheap bourbon).

You guys have a lot of fun here. That's a good thing. But, lets not spoil it by getting into politics and religion (which almost always leads to name calling, anger, etc. on a forum with a lot of members with varying backgrounds and beliefs).

JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 26, 2004, 2:43 PM   #28

JimC wrote:
Quote:
Put yourself in Steve's shoes.** Would you want your forums turning into a place for people to come and debate poltics if your site was dedicated to Digital Photography?*
Fair point. My bad. I overreacted. I think it's from lack of nicotine, which is turining me into

...:evil:
NickTrop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 26, 2004, 8:28 PM   #29

JimC,

Thanks for removing the post I mentioned in my PM to you. Best to all in the forum. I am no longer posting here or any forum for that matter.
vIZnquest is offline   Reply With Quote