Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Dec 18, 2004, 5:33 PM   #1

Hi,

I bought a Phayee adapter(along with some other goodies) from Rong Jin via eBay last Saturday. The entire experience and process of my asking him questions and his replies, prior to my purchase and subsequent to it, has been nothing short of exemplary. Rong has been extremely helpful and patient, not to mention expedient.

I ordered the faster shipping from Shanghai, the more expensive EMS service, which is 4-5 days, opposed to up to two weeks for the standard shipping. I just emailed Rong today to ask when he actually shipped my adapter, so I'll know when to keep an eye out for its delivery. I got an instant mail delivery failure notification, without any explanations as to why it failed. I checked on the address I sent it to, to make sure that I didn't err while typing it. It was good, so I re-sent the email...just to get another fail notification. I've never had any problems with emails to or from Rong, until now. Has anyone else experienced this recent problem? Should I be concerned?:sad:

By the way, how exactly does EMS work? Is it ultimately delivered by the postal service, or a private carrier? 'Just curious....I want to know who to look out for....Thanks!

Geoff
sukispop is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 18, 2004, 6:01 PM   #2

Try this e-mail:

[email protected]
vIZnquest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 18, 2004, 6:09 PM   #3

Got mine last week. Just be patient. Remember its coming all the way from China and it's Christmas rush shipping time. He is a "class act" and will not let you down.

Regards,

Mark
Mark Williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 18, 2004, 8:39 PM   #4

I had the exaxct same expeirance. If you notice, when RJ send's a reply, the address is different from where it goes to in "ask seller a question". See if you have a different one. If not, let me know and I'll see if I still have it,,,although I'm sure someone else will post it too.
Quick Cal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 18, 2004, 9:05 PM   #5

Mark Williams wrote:
Quote:
Got mine last week.* Just be patient.** Remember its coming all the way from China and it's Christmas rush shipping time.* He is a "class act" and will not let you down.

Ditto,

Mine took about 18 days standard shipping. I received it last Monday.
He will deliver. Don't worry.

smac
smac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 18, 2004, 10:03 PM   #6

Quote:
By the way, how exactly does EMS work? Is it ultimately delivered by the postal service, or a private carrier? 'Just curious....I want to know who to look out for....Thanks!

Geoff
Geoff,

I work for a Japanese company and we recieveall of our shipments from our headquarters via EMS. I assume they work in a simular fashion in China. Our EMS shipments are delivered via the US Postal Service so your adapter should come in the mail. Generally, our shipments take 5 days on average as stated by Rong Jin and we've haven't had a package held in Customs in the last 4 years. Hope this helps....

JED
JEDinNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 18, 2004, 11:45 PM   #7

vIZnquest wrote:
Quote:
Try this e-mail:

[email protected]
Thanks, vIZnquest! I'll try sending my email to that address.:G
Old Dec 18, 2004, 11:50 PM   #8

JEDinNC wrote:
Quote:
I work for a Japanese company and we recieveĀ*all of our shipments from our headquarters via EMS. I assume they work in a simular fashion in China. Our EMS shipments are delivered via the US Postal Service so your adapter should come in the mail. Generally, our shipments take 5 days on average as stated by Rong Jin and we've haven't had a package held in Customs in the last 4 years. Hope this helps....

JED
Thanks a lot for the info on EMS...now I know who to keep an eye out for(since Rong said that I'd probably have to sign for it)....

And thanks, everyone, for your comments and reassurances. I will be patient and have faith in Rong...thanks again for all of your help. I hope that I'll be able to return the favor sometime in the future(when I know more about what I'm doing! :?: )

Geoff
Old Dec 19, 2004, 12:03 AM   #9

I ordered my Phayee adapter about a week ago, I just got this e-mail today from Quantum View. Who ever that is...However I checked the UPS tracking #, everYthing seems to be in order...
This message was sent to you at the request of DOMS SURPLUS to notify you that the package information below has been transmitted to UPS. The package(s) may not have actually been placed with UPS for shipment. To verify when and if the shipment is tendered to UPS and its actual transit status, click on the tracking link below or contact DOMS SURPLUS directly.
Important Delivery Information

Scheduled Delivery: 24-December-2004
marksr116 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 19, 2004, 2:51 AM   #10

I got mine in the timeframe he quoted..and it was really well packaged..and a nice small box...RongJin is a good ebayer too..
fireworkz is offline   Reply With Quote