Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Dec 24, 2004, 4:32 AM   #11

My vote is for the angel pic, esp. for surrealism. I love the way half of the face is lit up, and the warm tone of the picture. Great job Nick. And keep up the good work with the not smoking. You will quit this time, I know it!
Nancy Gabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 24, 2004, 6:16 AM   #12

Nancy Gabby wrote:
Quote:
And keep up the good work with the not smoking.* You will quit this time, I know it!
Thank you ma'am! Appreciate the vote of encouragement. Since I always break my new year's resolutions (... in 2004 I was going to run a marathon, donchya know....NOT), thought I would get started a little before-hand, so it's not a new year's "resolution" per se to be broken. Isn't it weird the little head games we play with ourselves sometimes? So far so good (about 3 weeks...)

Have a wonderful holiday, fun at you brother's wedding, and a great vacation! (Post some pictures!)

Nick
NickTrop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 24, 2004, 3:03 PM   #13

Running a marathon I just think is too much pressure on your knees, and while jogging is a great form of exercise, running 26 miles is for people who should really get a life! Plus it isn't good for the body. It is a good thing you didn't run a marathon, you probably would have hurt your knees, and got stuck at home smoking more stogies! The non-smoker thing is a much better idea, stick with it. Plus in about 10 years Panasonic will be releasing the FZ Pro, acamera with 98 megapixels and it turns into a blender to make mixed drinks, as well, you gotta stick around for that!

I will definitely post pics from Hawaii, thanks for everything.
Nancy Gabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 25, 2004, 12:30 PM   #14

Nancy Gabby wrote:
Quote:
Running a marathon I just think is too much pressure on your knees, and while jogging is a great form of exercise, running 26 miles is for people who should really get a life!* Plus it isn't good for the body.
Thanks for helping me rationalize, Nancy! Actually, running is mind-numbingly boring, and it gets cold in these parts. I viewed it as a personal challenge, but it lost its luster as such when I found out Oprah had the same idea. I'll stick to blading... faster, funner, less stress on the knees.

Quote:
I will definitely post pics from Hawaii, thanks for everything.
Great vacation! Never been. But I know if I went, I would buy me one of those 1 Gig SD cards. Have Fun! (...like you need me to tell you that.) Looking forward to your vaca posts... don't diss me!
NickTrop is offline   Reply With Quote