Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Dec 22, 2004, 2:06 PM   #1

Just curious, how many people here having focusing problem with their FZ10/FZ20 in night photography? I mean using the autofocus function.

Mine usually come out a bit on the soft end and not as sharp as the Olympus or Canon I have.

smilepak is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 22, 2004, 10:04 PM   #2

hi smile

for nite shots with my fz20 i for the most part go manual focus a lot of times..when you set up (use tripod always) the shot reach over to the auto- manual button depress it all the way down....when you do this it will lock the focus..dont move the camera and you can then try other setting and such with the focus locked....works good for me......... :G

Willow

willow1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 22, 2004, 10:23 PM   #3
Fox

You know you guys would not have this problem if you would only use my focus assist lamp.
http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/v...50&forum_id=23
Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 23, 2004, 1:30 PM   #4

That is soo funny!!
Old Dec 23, 2004, 1:32 PM   #5

Sad there isn't a function like manual camera or the SLR where you have the focus point for infinity.
Old Dec 24, 2004, 8:43 AM   #6

I've done all my nightshots (not that many) in manual focus; Just to be sure. If there's something that really s*cks, it is coming home from a cold night, and concluding the shots can immediately be forwarded to the litterbin because the AF failed...

It indeed is sad thatthe FZ20 doesn't show where the focus is; I tried to take some photos of the stars in manual focus, but that doesn't work... Good AF does the job well. I just wonder if the AF really sees the contrast, or sees nothing, and goes to infinity by itself? If the last is the case, just aim up to the sky, focus, swith to man. focus, and you've got your infinity (I just LOVE the way of the indian :G)

Cheers, GB
greenbaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 24, 2004, 11:06 AM   #7

smilepak wrote:
Quote:
Just curious, how many people here having focusing problem with their FZ10/FZ20 in night photography? I mean using the autofocus function.

Mine usually come out a bit on the soft end and not as sharp as the Olympus or Canon I have.

Are you aware that IS should not be used with a tripod? I think one of the reviews mentioned that with a tripod to set IS to mode2 or off, and I think it was discovered when doing the sample night shot.

Areyour Olympus & Canon big zoom cameras?

bobc
bobc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 25, 2004, 11:29 AM   #8

nope, just those little 3MP version.