Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Dec 22, 2004, 8:49 PM   #1

Well I just got the FZ15 in the mail today 12/22/04. I have taken pictures with it in a local FRY's store and I think it is awesome. Got mine @ Butterflyphoto for $390.00 with delivery.

I got the thing at night so I went out looking for christmas lights, but it seems there aren't any worth enough to take pictures of in Galveston. I did drive past the Bishops Palace and thought it was really cool looking tonight. I guess you could say I'm more of a technical photographer. My photo;s usually envolve boats and a lot of times have measuring tapes in them, because I want to design boats. I'm an Engineering student at Texas A&M Galveston so technical is my thing. Here is my try at some night photo's

Ernie

I haven't tried anything accept the auto settings so far...I don't know where to start

this is with Fireworks setting... no editing... just reduced size from 1280 to 640 and posted
Attached Images

TopSpin80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 22, 2004, 8:53 PM   #2

and here is the Night Scenery setting..

what others should I try.. tomorow I am going to the airport and air museum with my wife.. I got a 72 mm UV filter because my rayonex 52mm reducer isn't going to be here until after christmas.

I am also going to take photo's of helicopters and have seen some taken with shutter speeds fast enought to stop the blade rotation... what do you think for that setting??
Attached Images

Old Dec 22, 2004, 9:07 PM   #3

I like the first one. I got an FZ15 about a month ago, but the weather hasn't been very cooperative here.
erkada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 22, 2004, 9:22 PM   #4

vIZnquest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 22, 2004, 9:32 PM   #5

I think the second one is more what it looks like in person
Old Dec 23, 2004, 12:16 AM   #6

Think I like first better. It reminds me of disney pictures I viewed earlier. If I was taking pictures of helicopters would try sports scene & shutter priority at !/2000. Wonder how fast blade rotates. Be sure & share results!
jimr503 is offline   Reply With Quote