Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Dec 23, 2004, 1:43 PM   #11

Here on your left is a thief's theme. If you squint to the bottom left, there's a tiny Santa plotting his evil deed. And if you look to the right, a teeny-tiny Santa is climbing into Little Billy's bedroom.
Attached Images

cakalusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 23, 2004, 1:43 PM   #12

Outliney goodness
Attached Images

Old Dec 23, 2004, 1:44 PM   #13

Piew piew piew!
Attached Images

Old Dec 23, 2004, 1:45 PM   #14

Why am I wearing beanie indoors?
Attached Images

Old Dec 23, 2004, 1:45 PM   #15

And it's lights out, folks. Thanks for viewing.
Attached Images

Old Dec 23, 2004, 2:27 PM   #16

Thanks for the humorus story. Looks like you're having fun breaking in your new FZ!
Vmax911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 23, 2004, 2:50 PM   #17

Cake, I have been lurking a long time and thisis thefirst time I have seen some real world photos. Rest of the time I have been looking at simply out of the world stuff on this forum, posted by a very close knit community of outstandingly brilliantandsomewhat temperamental geniuses who don't like to have newbies postinghere, theirfirst attempts,unlessthe resultsare really of earth shattering variety.This place is too exclusive for that.

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"My advice is, just pussyfoot around this forum without disturbing the Druids in their exchanges, and strain your senses to catch everything which gets posted and digest it fully.(No sarcasm intended, they are actually too good.).Then may be after a year orsoyou might qualify for getting noticed.

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"I may be banned for saying this but what the heck,there is only so much of snobbishness you can grin and bear.
wise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 23, 2004, 4:01 PM   #18

Cakalusa... Love it! :lol: It's great to see someone having so much fun with their new toy, and so enthusiastic about photography! More, more, more ... please!

wise wrote:
Quote:
who don't like to have newbies posting┬*here, their first attempts,unless┬*the results┬*are really of earth shattering variety.
RDA! I don't share your perception at all! I think newbies are encouraged. There are some wonderfully skilled ->amatures<- here, especially macro and nature photographers but this is in no W-S-F a competition.

Quote:
┬*This place is too exclusive for that.
Again... I must respectfully disagree (I think I'll coin a new Internet acronym... "RDA".) What gives you this impression? I think this forum greets people with open arms, personally. It is as refreshingly free of flame attacks, as it is mostly devoid of those nasty "Acme's XYZ 1000 is better than CamersSnob's R1600" type threads.

Quote:
My advice is, just pussyfoot around this forum without disturbing the Druids in their exchanges, and strain your senses to catch everything which gets posted and digest it fully.(No sarcasm intended, they are actually too good.).┬*Then may be after a year or┬*so┬*you might qualify for getting noticed.
Druids?:G

Quote:
I may be banned for saying this but what the heck,┬*there is only so much of snobbishness you can grin and bear.
Snobbishness? From whom? Do we visit the same forum? Can you cite examples? This is the PANASONIC forum. There's even a "let's get to know each other" thread that anyone can post to! I've never read any posts on any thread that was anything less than supportive and encouraging, and criticism is respectful, intelligent, and informative.

And - of course, no one is gonna ban you for expressing your honest opinion. You perceptions are - however interesting and curious to me. ┬*
NickTrop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 23, 2004, 5:13 PM   #19

Nick, I apologise for the outburst. I should not have generalised. Any way, 'One whotends to generalise generally lies':-). So may be I have over reacted.But I was really afraid that the poor poster will be hauled off for posting too many photos by 'theimpatient geniouswho learnt it the hard way'.

Your objective criticism has reassured me. Actually there was a thread where ' the impatient genious, who learnt it the hard way' has not answered some yes/no questions, instead has taken time to write thousand words ticking the questioner off for his 'lazyness'.In one such harranguethe impression was given that thenewbies should first reach a certain level before posting onthese threads bacause this disturbs the high level of knoledgeexchange between the pillars of this forum.

Well I made the mistake of taking one person's opinion as a representative example of all.Now I realize that you are the guys whoso patientlyguided me in my final purchase decision of FZ20, which due to a quirk of fate has been out of the reach of my handsafter initial encounter, and will not be available to me for about 10 More days. So I am trying to learn whatever can be learnt without actually shooting beforeI get my hands upon the camera again. Not being able to physically examine the camera, I also may have asked some simplistic questions, which may have sounded absurd to a person who eats ,sleeps and lives photography and cameras.

And BTW great guidance provided on benchmarks. And merry christmas to you all.
Old Dec 23, 2004, 5:19 PM   #20

Druids means wizards( in Asterix comics). I am 36 yet still can't resist them(the comics, not the druids):lol: