Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Dec 25, 2004, 3:17 PM   #1

My Panasonic DMC LC-33 has a problem that I can't seem to figure out.

I use Ni-MH "AA" Rechargeable batteries in my camera for the last year. Last night the battery charge on the batteries ran out. I didn't get the chance to replace them until this morning.

The problem is that the camera won't turn on now. I've switched out the rechargeables with different regular AA batteries and it still won't turn on.

When I switch the camera on and off, the red and green light indicators flash very very briefly as I move the switch, but the camera won't go on.

Has anyone experienced this problem? Is my camera dead all of a sudden? I haven't had any problems with this camera at all up until now.
gerasco is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 25, 2004, 5:39 PM   #2

I've had the same problem on occasion with my LC43. Usually, putting in a different set of batteries, or even removing and replacing the original set (provided they're charged) will solve the problem. Only thing I can think of is that the battery contacts are not making a perfect connection, and removing and reinstalling, or putting in new batteries, makes the proper connection in the camera. It's happened to me several times, the first time I was alarmed, but the camera worked fine afterward, and seems to show no ill effects.

Were the batteries you put in freshly charged? NiMH batteries seem tolose about 20% of their charge a week just sitting, so if your batteries had been sitting for a long time unused, they might have discharged all by themselves...
squirl033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 27, 2004, 11:54 AM   #3

Well, I got it working again.

I couldn't use this camera again until I retrieved my charger from work. When I put the second set of rechargeable batteries in, it turned on like nothing was wrong.

For some strange reason, the camera won't turn on with anything but the rechargeables that I always use. Regular "AA" batteries just don't seem to work on this camera anymore. They did when If first got the camera, but once I saw how fast I went through batteries, I switched to rechargeables. Looks like there's no going back.

Weird.

Thanks for your help!
gerasco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 28, 2004, 3:19 AM   #4

g;ad to be of help.

I used alkalines in my LC43 for a while, and realized i'd go broke feeding the little monster, so i got some 2300mAh NiMH cells and a charger, and that made a lot of difference. I still had that occasional problem with powering up, but usually changing the batteries solved the issue...
squirl033 is offline   Reply With Quote