Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Dec 27, 2004, 7:28 PM   #11

here's my 2 cents...i have the same problem at times with the fz20....i took a shot on christmas of my nieces and it look good on the lcd screen..even when i magnified it look awesome..but when printed it out it was slightly askew ..here one picture is worth a thousand words ..tell me what you think...i think i need to wear my cheaters..lol..the fz's are good camera's i think we exspect a little to much sometimes ..to walk in and just start shooting perfect pics everytime ain't gonna happen....sometimes you have to shoot 50 pics to get one keeper..so don't worry shirana just keep shooting and remember that one is too many and a thousands not enough
this is a photo i took of my lovely nieces on christmas day..
jazzmaster221 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 27, 2004, 7:36 PM   #12

This will be my last post on this thread or any other for that matter. There were other things said to qualify that answer.

Considering the person qualified themself as a newbie that gave little information about his problem and only did one thing to try and correct the problem he is experiencing does notmakeit a bad camera. Also, to say it is badfrom the little information providedand to say send it back will not be the right thing to say either.

Your getting twisted in the wind over that statement seems a bit hair trigger on your part and the advice is to get to know the camera before posting as if the camera is bad. The camera is two days old and how many pictures were taken? What different kinds of pictures were taken? Other than changing the sharpeness on the camera. What else has been done? Did he read the manual. Is the AF button set to MF? Seems that this individual has yet to provide more information on some of the other questions asked prior to the post you snapped on.

I will say it myself the camera is not bad until you do more to prove that it is bad. Take your time to learn the camera and learn to use the different settings. Take different kinds of pictures. Do more than change the sharpness setting in the camera. The camera is not bad. Learn about focusing with this camera. If all things are exhausted and the results remain the same then the printer may be bad. If not, then the camera may possibly be bad. I doubt it. Take more time to learn about the camera and use it to its full potential and beyond.

This my last post on this forum. Seems like people will jump on whatever they feel like without looking at the fullintent of the answer. The camera is not bad until you do all that you can to learn how to use it.If the poor results remain the same then you have a bad camera. Oh by the way, I agree with Rezajune.
vIZnquest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 27, 2004, 8:12 PM   #13

i would agree viznqest..if you take a thousand pics and all are bad then perhaps something is wrong ...but then rezajune has the best advice keep trying ..there is so much to learn ...these camera's are not that complex but one setting such as the exposer ...lol...check your exposer i have mines set at -1..i would recommend set the mode dail to p and the exposer to -1 use the auto focus..i use the spot focus...square the camera push the botton half way wait for the clear signal ...the little green ball to pop up in the veiw finder then shoot...hold the camera steady ..moving the camera as you shoot will make the pic out of focus so hold the camera tightly and try not to move it when shooting...
i took about fifty pics on christmas and got about 20 keepers ....i had a bad night but i don't blame the camera...you just got to learn how far you can push the camera and go from there
here's one more i took on christmas..my two nieces..
Old Dec 27, 2004, 11:21 PM   #14

shirana wrote:
Quote:
Hello I'm new to this forum, and have recieved a Fz10 for christmas.

I have found that the pictures look good on the lcd-dsiplay but when printed were not sharp at all. Has anybody any advice or tips.

Have tried to set the camera to sharpness high but has made no difference

Thanks Chris
Two important bits of information missing from your post. First, did you view the image on a computer monitor prior to printing it? Second, what are you using to print the photo? If the picture looks great on the camera lcd screen and on a computer monitor, then perhaps consider looking at how the image is being printed. If a home printer is being used, as a test take the sd card with problem picture down to Walmart, CVS, or other store and print a copy using their equipment and then compare it with the photo printed at home. If you didn't print the photo at home but had a quick print made directly from the memory card at a store, you can always try having a print made somewhere else and compare the original and new print side-by-side to see if the problem you've noticed appears in both prints.
Tenshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 28, 2004, 1:13 AM   #15
Mag

I apologize for any of my comments up above that offended anyone, i did snap im sorry. I guess i been getting a lil frustrated as a newbie myself.

Anywaymy view isthatsome take pride in and /or enjoyhelping others, even with the simplest things, so let them them help.And live or near live help when its available is nice. If no one answers at the time then fine, they will look elsewhere (manuals,internet, site searchect.)and thats fine too. I just dont want to see anyone get discouraged, including those that enjoy helping others even if its aswering a question thats been asked many times here b4. No one hasto post answers or read all post anyway. Just my 2 cents...

I hope i have not offended anyone, that was not my intention.
Mag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 28, 2004, 1:18 AM   #16

HAPPY HOLIDAYS

BUT I CAN'T SEEM TO GET SHARP PICTURES FROM MY PAN-FZ3 NO MATTER WHAT ISO, PE, AP PR OR SP MODE I SELECT. MODE 1 OR 2 ON AUTO STAB DOEN' T HELP. WIDE ANGLE OR ZOOM IS ABOUT THE SAME AND ALL MY SIMILAR PICTURES WITH MY 3 YR OLD FUJI 280 2MP, 6X ZOOM ARE MUCH SHARPER. ANY IDEAS ON WHAT I AM DOING WRONG? I'LL TRY TO POST SOME OF MY SHOTS--INDOOR, OUTDOORS, FLASH OR NOT THE RESULTS ARE JUST AS POOR. I WENT TO CC AND GOT A NEW CAMERA AND THINGS ARE A LITTTLE BETTER, BUT NOT MUCH.

TONIGHT I TRIED ISO 400 ON A FAMILY PARTY AND GOT VERY NOISY AND ALSO SOMEBLURRED RESPONSES AND LOTS OF RED IN FACES AND REDEYE WHEN I TRIED FLASH. I AM POSTING SOME OF THE PICTURES BELOW

HELP--JOEBEAR:shock::sad::?

I'LL POST THE PICTURES WHEN I LEARN HOW TO ATTACH PROPERLY
JOEBEAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 28, 2004, 1:53 AM   #17

bear i used a flash on the pics i posted i shot at
iso 80
p mode with a panasonic flash pointed straight at the ceiling......there is an adjustment on the built in flash you can turn it up or down just read the directions .....the camera is very touchy ...when shooting in doors...i was discourage too for some reason i sarted shooting in manual mode ...with focus assist and could not buy a shot....perhaps i needed my cheaters... so i switched to auto focus and got some nice pics..i think that we look at some of these pics on this site and we think that this the way all these photo's should come out with the fz"s......some of the artist on this site ...these are artist...raise the bar so high for the novice ....that we walk in and think that this is the norm for the fz'x....1 in 50 if i'm lucky ..the shots i posted were not the greatest..but beautiful people make beautiful shots...even if the camera is slightly off..my 2 pics are a little askew but not by much....
Old Dec 28, 2004, 2:49 AM   #18

I am just a little bit confused. If someone is a "newbie" then what right or any right do they have to have an opinion about the camera's functions, sharpness, color adjustments, color settings, sharpness settings, focus settings, focus accuracy, speed of focus...etc...etc....etc without having proper knowledge and experience of the camera itself.

Its like saying...just got my license today and this car does not handle like I thought it would handle. Well,...think about a little, how does that person know how a car handles in the first place till he gets more experience driving it and maybe trying out different cars.

My point is this. I have been there many times and wanted to ask questions a thousand times, but all I did is play with it some more and found out that I left a setting on the wrong dial, believe or not I thought my camera was broke because I left the cap on..duuuhhh...and i was really frustrated for about 2 minutes till I took of the lens cap.

And who in the world are we to tell anybody that there is something wrong with the camera...and especially a newbie. I mean if somebody for example been shooting more than a thousand times and he has able experience to explain his situation, then I would imagine calling Panasonic for some help.

Once again, play with the camera, be imaginative and try some crazy new settings, and maybe accidentally, you might find your own answer to your question, unless of course you want to bypass the joy of using the camera and directly come here.

Merry Xmas and happy new year to all the members here.

Rezajune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 28, 2004, 12:37 PM   #19

I understand what you are saying, but I have tried lots of the 'what I thought were the logical adjustments' and still got pictures 3x less sharp than my point and shoot Fuji 2800 2.1MP, even at 6x zoom. I just wanted the advice of you that have been there, or know where not to go. It just bothers me that I am even getting "sub-standard' Daylight 1x shots at Auto Iso, PE auto focus etc. These usually are ulta sharp on evey film and my Fuji in my limited 30 years of shooting, but not necessarily understanding the parameters well. Give me the rules of 'settings' that you have found as a starting point. I am a scientist by training, but didn't wnat to be doing my experiments on my Christmas pictures.

Any help and/or critisism is welcomed--Thanks and Happy New Year to all--JoeBear:??
Attached Images

JOEBEAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 28, 2004, 2:11 PM   #20

jazzmaster221 wrote:
Quote:
...i took a shot on christmas of my nieces and it look good on the lcd screen..
Wow! Your neice in Pink is very pretty....
The pics look good..I too have the problem at times. Rule of the thumb for me is to do post processing..never hurts to do so.
fireworkz is offline   Reply With Quote