Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Jan 7, 2005, 12:37 PM   #31

Thanks--Arrow. I do have the problem of shaky hands, but thought that the stabilization of the fz3 would help. I didn't see the same problem with my Fuji. However, I didn't realize that the blurred shot was at 1/10 shutter, even at ISO400. I have backed off from the 400 to 80 with flash, and cut the setting to natural vs vivid and I had good results form a New Year Eve's party. I did reread the book 2x more and learned a lot, so I see that I have been mostly impatient and set uneducated, and unreal expectations.

I am posting one of my shots for review and comment. I still need the wb master to tell me how I attach more than one shot--I am obviously missing something.

Happy New Year and better pictures to all--JoeBear
Attached Images

JOEBEAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7, 2005, 12:45 PM   #32

Thanks-- I do have the problem of shaky hands,and didn't use the flash, but thought that the stabilization of the fz3 would help. Later pics with flash didn't blurr, but were noiszy due to my iso 400 and vivid settings. I didn't see the same problem with my Fuji. However, I didn't realize that the blurred shot was at 1/10 shutter, even at ISO400. I have backed off from the 400 to 80 with flash, and cut the setting to natural vs vivid and I had good results form a New Year Eve's party. I did reread the book 2x more and learned a lot, so I see that I have been mostly impatient and set uneducated, and unreal expectations.

I am posting one of my shots for review and comment. I still need the wb master to tell me how I attach more than one shot--I am obviously missing something.

Attached Images

Old Jan 7, 2005, 12:50 PM   #33

Thanks-sasc- I do have the problem of shaky hands,and didn't use the flash, but thought that the stabilization of the fz3 would help. Later pics with flash didn't blurr, but were noiszy due to my iso 400 and vivid settings. I didn't see the same problem with my Fuji. However, I didn't realize that the blurred shot was at 1/10 shutter, even at ISO400. I have backed off from the 400 to 80 with flash, and cut the setting to natural vs vivid and I had good results form a New Year Eve's party. I did reread the book 2x more and learned a lot, so I see that I have been mostly impatient and set uneducated, and unreal expectations.

Attached Images

Old Jan 7, 2005, 1:11 PM   #34

Thanks--Nick for the justified criticism:P. I only questioned the camera because of the good shoots with the old Fuji 2800--but it wasn't a shot to shot comparison:idea:.

I do have the problem of shaky hands,and didn't use the flash, but thought that the stabilization of the fz3 would help. Later pics with flash didn't blurr, but were noisy due to my iso 400 and vivid settings-again lack of knowledge:-? of what a seting change would result in terms of the final picture. However, I didn't realize that the blurred shot was at 1/10 shutter, even at ISO400--I obviously didn't understand what 'low light' means--(camcorder use without knowing what I was comparing.

I have backed off from the 400 to 80 with flash, and cut the setting to natural vs vivid and I had good results form a New Year Eve's party. I did reread the book 2x more and learned a lot:idea:, so I see that I have been mostly impatient and set uneducated, and unreal expectations.:whack:

I am posting one of my shots for review and comment. I still need the web master to tell me how I attach more than one shot--I am obviously missing something.

Attached Images