Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Dec 27, 2004, 8:35 AM   #1

Hello I'm new to this forum, and have recieved a Fz10 for christmas.

I have found that the pictures look good on the lcd-dsiplay but when printed were not sharp at all. Has anybody any advice or tips.

Have tried to set the camera to sharpness high but has made no difference

Thanks Chris
shirana is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 27, 2004, 10:41 AM   #2

If they look good on the monitor, they are good. you are loosing something at the printer.

First thing .. Make sure you are printing at 300dpi and not 72 as on your monitor.

I find I get much better results if I use the software that came with the printer.

I have a canon printer so I use Easy-Photoprint and about allI need to do is pick the type paperI am using and the software does the rest.

However if I print right from photoshop I need to set everything in printer properties.

Possible there may be a new driver for the printer.
genece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 27, 2004, 10:53 AM   #3

Do you mean the lcd display on the camera? If so is your image stabilization setting on setting 2?
bmullen@comcast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 27, 2004, 11:30 AM   #4

Going directly from the camera or memory card to the printer is a bad idea IMO. You should download the pictures to the computer and view them full screen on a viewer that lets you do that. Blow up sections if you are in doubt. You can get a direct feedback from the computer screen as to how the pictures are coming out. Resolution on the camera or a printer LCD just isn't sufficient to judge the pictures.

It could be something as simple as the switch on the lens being down in the manual setting so the camera isn't focusing for you. There could be a problem with the printer setup.

View the images full screen on your computer and read through the manual carefully – then read it again. People who have been into digital photography for years have to spend time in the camera manual when they get a new camera.

slipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 27, 2004, 12:12 PM   #5

you just got the camera a few hours ago and by January you will have 100 daily questions. Nothing wrong with your camera, its a great camera and you will goof up with it everyday till you get to know it much better.

This is my best advice to you. Back track on this forum and if you really want to learn, back track to the very first page and read most of the threads that interest you.

http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/v...39&forum_id=23
Rezajune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 27, 2004, 3:33 PM   #6
Mag

This forum is getting more agravated with newbie questions on a daily basis, I know it must be frustrating, and yes new people should use the search function as much as possible. But dont just flat out tell someone theres nothing wrong with there camera. How do you know that for a FACT? The sooner he finds out if there is a problem the sooner and easier he can get it returned and fixed under warranty.
Mag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 27, 2004, 6:47 PM   #7

Mag wrote:
Quote:
This forum is getting more agravated with newbie questions on a daily basis, I know it must be frustrating, and yes new people should use the search function as much as possible. But dont just flat out tell someone theres nothing wrong with there camera. How do you know that for a FACT? The sooner he finds out if there is a problem the sooner and easier he can get it returned and fixed under warranty.

If someone is not there with the actual camera there is no way of telling anyone whether their camera is functioning properly or not. This camera (FZ3, 10, 15 and 20)is not just a simple point and shoot camera if you want the kind of results that you have been seeing here on this forum. Also, as far as etiquette goes, using anything in "caps" is considered yelling.

The best any new user can do is first, second and last read the instruction manual. Read it again. Make sure and check and re-check your settings. If you do not know about the settings, go back to the manual and read it again. Many of the questions asked can be in fact answered by going through this forum. This forum is here to ask questions but if you don't bother to check things out and discover them yourself then it can be a bit aggravating for everyone concerned. Take heed to the advice from those who were once newbies themselves. Take the time to read the posts. If you don't think you will like the answer then don't ask as my dad always told me. This prompted me to find things out on my own first, then ask.

The problem is someone wants the quick fix and not learn anything at all. If that is the case then you have more camera than you can handle.
vIZnquest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 27, 2004, 6:56 PM   #8
Mag

You seemed to have missed my whole point, i guess capitalizing one word didnt even help.
Old Dec 27, 2004, 6:58 PM   #9

and your point is?
vIZnquest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 27, 2004, 7:00 PM   #10
Mag

that it shouldnt just be said flat out that theres nothing wrong with his camera