Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Dec 27, 2004, 8:36 AM   #1

Sorry to link to another forum :roll:but I just came across this information and was very pleased with the change on my work computer. I'll try it at home as well. The images on screen are much closer in appearance to what was on the LCD on my FZ3 after doing the Gamma correction.

Very easy to do. Just go into properties, settings, advanced, and then to your color management option for the graphics controller. I bumped my Gamma to 1.6 and it made a big difference. Now I need to compare the adjusted monitor image at home with the prints. This will also help me prevent over adjusting the images in painshop pro, I think.

http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/re...ssage=11590521

-Brett
bmccoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 27, 2004, 3:47 PM   #2

I don't think changing the gamma to 1.6 is a good idea. You should adjust it using 2.2 on a Windows based PC otherwise you'll have some strange looking output.
nooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 27, 2004, 4:05 PM   #3

Well, I may need to do some more research. I loaded up the NEC compatible 2.2 Profile and then set Gamma to 2.2, that was just way out of wack. Everything was washed out. If I back it off to about 1.6 then it looked a lot better. I'll have to try some test shots and prints and see how it turns out.

Thanks, for the input.

-Brett
bmccoy is offline   Reply With Quote