Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Dec 27, 2004, 12:34 PM   #1

Okay, I'm trying to determine if the FZ20 I purchased is genuinely new or re-packed and sold as new. The reason why I ask is because I unpacked a FZ3 a few weeks ago and I detected some subtleties.

When I opened the FZ20, the cap was already firmly placed on the camera lens. The accessory cords were in the same bag, untaped. The battery and charger were in separate bags, but also untaped. The SD card was still attached to the box flap.

Sorry to come across as anal, but I want to make sure my camera isn't a victim of fraudulent advetising. Also, no lens cap strap?

Other than that, HUGE difference between this and the FZ3. Well worth the extra cash.
rubblerubble is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 27, 2004, 12:39 PM   #2

Thats the same way mine came, seems strange but many have said theirs came that way also.
genece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 27, 2004, 3:51 PM   #3

Mine came that way too and they don't come with a lens strap. Enjoy! It's a great camera.
bmullen@comcast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 27, 2004, 4:10 PM   #4

Thanks for the affirmation. I feel secure with my purchase now. At first glance, it just seemed odd.
rubblerubble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 28, 2004, 7:37 PM   #5

:roll:Sorry to tell you this but my FZ20 did NOT COME that way! All parts were wrapped in individual little plastic sacs/bags, the lens cap was wrapped by itself also and NOT attached to the lens since the entire camera was wrapped in some sort of foamy plastic. Now I must tell you, I bought my camera in a Photoshop, paid slightly more for it but a whole bunch of other perks (about $ 70.00 worth) along with the purchase.
retinaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29, 2004, 2:42 AM   #6

mine came with an edible lenscap WIHOUT A STRING attached to it.

The lens cap tasted a little stale so I think I got screwed and they gave me an old FZ.

Bastards...!!!!!
Rezajune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29, 2004, 11:59 AM   #7

too funny

:lol: :lol: :lol:

thanks for the humor
m.achure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29, 2004, 1:38 PM   #8

I'm pretty sure it has less to do with where you bought it than who packaged it. I'd imagine the final assembly at the factory consists of dozens if not hundreds of people putting the final packages together.
KarlJ is offline   Reply With Quote