Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Dec 27, 2004, 6:21 PM   #1
Mag

I got lots to learn about photography, this is one of the few pics ive shot so far that was halfway descent, shot in night scene mode with FZ20. I was playing in PSP9, this is Bladepros Melancholytron filter, i thoughtthe effectworked descentfor this photo. Basicly a vignenting and blur effect. Any comments, tipsor constructive critisizm welcome, as I am brand new to photography and would appreciate the input.

Thank you in advance,

Mag

Attached Images

Mag is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 27, 2004, 6:22 PM   #2
Mag

Before filter

Attached Images

Old Dec 27, 2004, 7:53 PM   #3

I like the second one.
nooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 27, 2004, 8:03 PM   #4

The original looks the better of the two.
vIZnquest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 27, 2004, 11:56 PM   #5

I like the second (original) photo as well. Guess I'm just looking at how the blur effect of the filter leads to too much of a loss in detail of the buildings. With the sun low and the light coming from behind the buildings, much of the details are already lost in the shadows.
Tenshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 28, 2004, 12:23 AM   #6
Mag

Thank you for your comments. I like the original photo for what it is, theother is just an effect with a newplugin I got when i was playin around. I guess what i really need is input on the original mainly, so i can get ideas on improving photos out of the camera. The plugin was more of an artsty effect, but wont help my photgraphic abilities any.

Practice, practice , practice...

thanx again

Mag
Old Dec 28, 2004, 8:27 PM   #7

I like the second one
erkada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 28, 2004, 9:23 PM   #8

Mag wrote:
Quote:
Thank you for your comments. I like the original photo for what it is, the¬*other is just an effect with a new¬*plugin I got when i was playin around. I guess what i really need is input on the original mainly, so i can get ideas on improving photos out of the camera. The plugin was more of an artsty effect, but wont help my photgraphic abilities any.

Practice, practice , practice...

thanx again

Mag
I have this exact plug-in, and it's one of my favorites. You never can tell if it helps or hurts unless you try it but in this case the original is such a nice shot there's no reason to fool with it.

This plug-in is good for getting rid of mild vignetting if you're using a macro, telephoto or some other teleconverter.
NickTrop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29, 2004, 1:48 AM   #9

I like the second (original) version much better. The filtered one blurs out too much detail, and the color of the sunlight playing across the snow in the foreground is lovely. It's one of those images that makes you feel the environment, and looking at this one made me shiver! Nice shot!
squirl033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29, 2004, 3:26 AM   #10
Mag

Thanx alot everyone, your comments are very kind and most welcome. It took me awhile to get up the nerve to post these, but I will continue to post as I enjoyyour input and advice. And thank you Nick for suggesting the plugin use forphotos withmild vignetting, sounds like like a great idea.

Mag