Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Dec 28, 2004, 5:07 AM   #1

American Red Cross

Contributions should be sent to International Response Fund, P.O. Box 37243, Washington, D.C. 20013. For more information about donating, call 800-435-7669.

For information about friends or relatives who may have been affected, call 866-438-4636.

• Asia Relief

The Maryland-based nonprofit organization is accepting donations of cash, nonperishable food, clothing and toys for victims in Sri Lanka.

Donations should be dropped off or mailed to Asia Relief, 19409 Olive Tree Way, Gaithersburg, Md. 20879.

Contact Rizwan Mowlana at 301-672-9355 for more information.

• Association for India's Development Inc.

The Maryland-based nonprofit organization is accepting cash donations to help relief work in India.

Contributions can be made on the Web at www.aidindia.org or mailed to AID Zone 3, P.O. Box 4801, Mountain View, Calif., 94040-0801, with checks made payable to AID.

Contact Priya Ranjan at 301-422-4441 for more information.

• Tsunami Relief Inc.

The Virginia-based nonprofit group has been set up to help victims in Sri Lanka.

Donors can call 703-934-6922 or mail checks payable to Tsunami Relief Inc. to 9302 Lee Hwy., Fifth Floor, Fairfax, Va. 22031.

• B'nai B'rith International

Donations can be made online at www.bnaibrith.org or mailed to B'nai B'rith Disaster Relief Fund, 2020 K St. NW, Seventh Floor, Washington, D.C. 20006.

More information about donations to humanitarian organizations can be found on the U.S. Agency for International Development's Web site, www.usaid.gov.

Donors can also call the Center for International Disaster Information at 703-276-1914.
NickTrop is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 28, 2004, 8:40 AM   #2

Thank you, NickTrop.

You have done a wonderful service to put all this key information on relief for the tsunami tragedy survivors in one place.

As my late Sicilian, 4' 10" grandmother used to say...

"You gotta da gooda heart", NickTrop.
digcamfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 28, 2004, 9:08 AM   #3

Why is it all Sundays and 26th of the month? The last earthquake in India in which more than 20K perished, also happened on Sunday the 26th, as in case of this latest calamity.

The questions are many. What if the authorities had informed the people at coastal areas about the danger, when they had about 2 to 3 hrs before it actually hit the sri lankan and indian coasts?

A moment's silence for the departed souls.
wise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 28, 2004, 9:21 AM   #4

digcamfan wrote:
Quote:
You have done a wonderful service to put all this key information on relief for the tsunami tragedy survivors in one place.
I just posted it because I found it difficult to find this nfo. Maybe I wasn't using the correct search terms? This is from a Washington Post article. Anyway, here it is. (40,000 confirmed casualities this morning... what an absolute calamity.) A lot of lurkers, posters etc. even if one person donates a small amount to these poor, poor people...You know?
Old Dec 28, 2004, 10:46 AM   #5

Nick, you have a very beautiful mind. You do a meaning job. God bless

Basac,
Basac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 28, 2004, 10:51 AM   #6

I was in my office in Turkey from May until late October and I experienced my first earthquakes and the biggest was 5.1 and that was scary so I wouldn't like to imagine what the 9.1 was like.

I had friends of friends out in Thailand and thankfully they are now safe.

John
Johnt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 28, 2004, 8:43 PM   #7

Thanks for sharing this valuable info Nick....donations are needed not only to help to evacuate survivors but above all to fight against epidemic menaces...that I hope wont succes.

Unfortunately, human casualties are still growing.....god bless all victims of the disaster.
fz10_user is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 28, 2004, 9:02 PM   #8

... I almost hate turning on the news, or going to the news sites. The death toll seems to rise by 10,000 people every time I do. Talk about "before the grace of God, go I". So sad.
Old Dec 30, 2004, 4:18 AM   #9

Nick you are so right!!!!very true we all take a lot for granted most of the time....only thing is that these types of tragedy's are so unpredictable..i live in Florida and was thinking if that had of happened off my cost it would have devastated Florida....we can only pray for the victims...i will look to see if we have a relief program here.....

@ 4:00 am yahoo news ( death toll 75,000 ) could be as high as 100,000

sad......

Willow

willow1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 30, 2004, 8:01 AM   #10

Yes, we can pray for the victims.
Photography is our hobby so may be each one of us can post some photos as a tribute for them. So sad.
God bless our Earth.
Attached Images

Basac is offline   Reply With Quote