Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Dec 30, 2004, 12:15 AM   #11

Now ain't that just sweet. Come here and kiss me quick :-). Annnnnd how do you like the 6T now :-). Wonderful shots and it is gorgeous. My wife would freak but its a honey.

All the best smac, great shots and great work to go with it.

Danny.

PS: I'll post you one up. :-)

nzmacro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 30, 2004, 3:27 AM   #12
Mag

Yikes, nice shots. Glad you took them! I dont think i wanna be that close! lol
Mag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 30, 2004, 6:34 AM   #13

smac, have you talked with the spider about his hair loss? That back end is looking pretty sparse. :G Great shot btw!! I try to make sure my kiddo isn't too afraid of bugs, UNLIKE her mom, but I have to admit I'd run, screaming like a little girl if I saw that on the wall.
somarf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 30, 2004, 10:36 AM   #14

whooooJust say there was some glass between the lens and that hairy one...Was there :?// ...lol; just besure he ain't gonna steal your FZ :G

shots indeed
greenbaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 30, 2004, 2:36 PM   #15

fz10_user wrote:
Quote:
Very nice macros smac.....

have a question....Is the Nikon 6T*capable of*taking a very close-up of its eyes??
I am not sure if I could get close enough to the eyes to take good macros.

The eyes are very small comparatively, and his front legs would be in the way. I think they would be hitting glass before I could get close enough.

I am going to try a few shots with my Nikon 4500 it's macro range goes as close as .5cm. I post the results soon.

smac
smac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 30, 2004, 2:47 PM   #16

tchuanye wrote:
Quote:
The spider is HUGE!!!! IS it poisonous?
The eyes seem relatively small compared to the body though.

BTW Nice series!
Yes, he is poisonous. All spiders have venom, however most are not harmful to humans. This guys bite (if you can call it that he has 1/4to1/2 inch fangs) is no more serious than a bee sting. Though he seems pretty docile most of the time. I have never seen him attack or try to strike. The worst he does is when he has had enough of me herding him into a pose is to try and flick the urticating hairs off his abdomin. Those hairs can be quite irritating if they get in your eyes. But, he has only done that once.
smac
Old Dec 30, 2004, 2:54 PM   #17

squirl033 wrote:
Quote:
um... just how big IS this brute? i can tell you this, if i saw one that size on my wall, i'd be grabbing my shotgun!!
He is about 3 1/2 to 4 inches from front leg to back. body length is about 1 1/2 inches. He is not particularly big. Being a science teacher I sometimes inherit interesting animals. This guy was foung by the local high school cross country team about 90 miles south of my town when they were at an away meat. I have had him for about 2 1/2 months now. Pretty interesting little guy really. I suspect he will only live a little while longer. It's the pattern of there life cycle. Males rarely live much longer than a year or two. All they're interesting in is mating. After that they don't eat or hunt they just use up there engery reserves and die. Fun eh?
smac
Old Dec 30, 2004, 2:57 PM   #18

greenbaron wrote:
Quote:
*whoooo**Just say there was some glass between the lens and that hairy one...*Was there :?*// ...lol; just be*sure he ain't gonna steal your FZ :G

*shots indeed
Nope, nothing between the spider and me. Except my FZ.
He really is a very docile and slow moving bloke. I usually have to prod him a bit to get him to move into an interesting pose. I do try not to bother him any more than necessary. He is after all a creature of the wild and not a pet. So I try to let him be.
smac
Old Dec 30, 2004, 3:15 PM   #19

you sure do have an interesting friend there,andthe camera has picked upon some fine detail. WellI'll be hunting for some spiders around my house now to take a photo shoot of them,althoughin England they only growas bigan inch thatsbig enough for me :shock:
dalick is offline   Reply With Quote