Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Jan 1, 2005, 7:18 AM   #11

I`m another Sunpak 433D user (again,same as 383)

With a set of 4 NI-MH AA 1.2 volt (2200mAh)...works great!

But being very cautious with my Z20 anyway...I use a Wien Safe-Sync.
vico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 1, 2005, 12:50 PM   #12

thankyou for the reply seems sunpack 383 is very comon so will go check it out
dbees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 1, 2005, 12:52 PM   #13

Thnks for the reply. Sunpack very common amongst fz users. Will check it out
Old Jan 1, 2005, 12:54 PM   #14

Thnks for the reply. users of Sunpack very common and everyone appears well satisfiedamongst fz users. Will check it out
Old Jan 1, 2005, 12:55 PM   #15

Thnks for the reply. users of Sunpack very common and everyone appears well satisfiedamongst fz users. Will check it out
Old Jan 1, 2005, 12:56 PM   #16

Thnks for the reply. users of Sunpack very common and everyone appears well satisfiedamongst fz users. Will check it out Thankyou for the internet site it was interesting will go bak to it
Old Jan 1, 2005, 12:59 PM   #17

Old Feb 26, 2005, 5:35 PM   #18

Hi

I got the Sunpak 433AF dedicated for Nikon and it does have manual setting and other adjustments.
But my question is :
when I select ISO 100 the F/stop is set to 2 on the flash, but Preset mode on FZ20 sets it to 2.8. So is it Ok? Or should I set flash to ISO 200 which is sets f/Stop to 2.8 on the flash.

Or another way is to set up FZ20 in Manual mode for external flash.

Any comments?

Thanks
lepa71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 26, 2005, 5:54 PM   #19

lepa71 wrote:
Quote:
Hi

I got the Sunpak 433AF dedicated for Nikon and it does have manual setting and other adjustments.
But my question is :
when I select ISO 100 the F/stop is set to 2 on the flash, but Preset mode on FZ20 sets it to 2.8. So is it Ok? Or should I set flash to ISO 200 which is sets f/Stop to 2.8 on the flash.

Any comments?

Thanks
You say your flash is dedicated for nikon but has manual settings.. The aperture f2 is a full stop wider open than f2.8. You could shoot 1 full stop faster (say from 1/30 to 1/60) at f2.8 and effectively have the same thing as f2 (without taking DOF into account)with regards to the lighting.. 99% of the time, I don't think it's going to make much difference. The camera performs better at f4 or f5.6 (recommended aperture for a lot of film cameras with flash, or at least with my olympus) anyway..

When you mount an external, I thought the FZ20 automatically set itself for external.

I would just suggest you try it out and see what happens. Remember you can also adjust exposure compensation on the FZ20 plus or minus 1 stop.

Jeff
:G
jsiladi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 26, 2005, 7:35 PM   #20

jsiladi wrote:
Quote:
lepa71 wrote:
Quote:
Hi

But my question is :

Any comments?

Thanks
You say your flash is dedicated for nikon but has manual settings.. The aperture f2 is a full stop wider open than f2.8. You could shoot 1 full stop faster (say from 1/30 to 1/60) at f2.8 and effectively have the same thing as f2 (without taking DOF into account)with regards to the lighting.. 99% of the time, I don't think it's going to make much difference. The camera performs better at f4 or f5.6 (recommended aperture for a lot of film cameras with flash, or at least with my olympus) anyway..

When you mount an external, I thought the FZ20 automatically set itself for external.

I would just suggest you try it out and see what happens. Remember you can also adjust exposure compensation on the FZ20 plus or minus 1 stop.

Jeff
:G
When connect external flash to FZ20, I can set to use "preset" settings (ISO 100 F2.8 S 1/60) or "manual" where I set any ISO, A or S.

with 433AF I have, I can put it into Auto mode and chose ISO 100, which corresponding to F2 and not F2.8 on the FZ20.

So the Q is do I compensate to plus one or minus one

Thanks
lepa71 is offline   Reply With Quote