Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Feb 12, 2005, 10:05 PM   #31

Picture Settings:
Keep saturation and sharpness settings to low so as to reduce noise. If they pictures may appear a bit soft you can always postprocess later.
myfz88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13, 2005, 2:11 AM   #32

Carry white index cards & set the white balance.
jimr503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13, 2005, 6:49 AM   #33

Something I learned years ago -- an instant pocket monopod:

A piece of cord with a loop in one end, place foot thru loop, hold other end in hand and pull tight.

Amazing how it steadies you.
Idle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13, 2005, 8:56 AM   #34

Quote:
8. Indoorphotography with flash ->

Use the Manual settings. Flash power below middle. And use 1/15 1/20 shutterspeed at iso 100/200. This way the flash gets the subject real sharp, and the low shutterspeed gets the colors and the background right.

Everyone should try this :GIt really makes a difference 1/60 or 1/15.
Isn't this almost the same as what the night-portrait mode does (flash plus slower shutter speed to catch both close and darker objects behind?)
mtritt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 15, 2005, 3:24 AM   #35

bump
Idle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 15, 2005, 4:06 AM   #36

mtritt schreef:
Quote:
Isn't this almost the same as what the night-portrait mode does (flash plus slower shutter speed to catch both close and darker objects behind?)
Yes but nightportet takes 1 second shutterspeed, and thats for really dark situations / outdoor. If you can hold it steady for a second than nightshot is good. But I don't have hands that steady
TimvdVelde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 5, 2005, 6:22 AM   #37

*Bump*

I think thereare a lot of new members here now who may not have seen this post before. I definitely learned a lot from these posts so thought it was worthwhile to give it a bump.
suze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 5, 2005, 1:32 PM   #38

I think this is a really good candidate for a sticky post.
beernutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 5, 2005, 11:14 PM   #39

"When using the polarizer (filter) always set camera to manual, otherwise you won't see the changes as you rotate the ring (the auto features will compensate)."

Thats real, but, if you don´t know how to use manual settings yet, you can lock the settings in "P" mode half pressing the shutter, and move the polarizer in the correct orientation ( noticiable in widest angles) remember that changes if you rotate to vertical,, just my 2 cents!!

SALUDOS!!!

Moncho
Moncho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6, 2005, 10:10 AM   #40

No expert but sharing my limited experience on getting a good shot - every 50 or so… :-)

#1) Keep the battery charged (I average 300-500 pics on a fully charge battery) which leads me to...

#2) Use burst mode OR auto-bracket OR many pics of the same thing (some pics on the LCD look great but slightly out of focus or under/overexposed so always have more than 1 pic of everything) which leads to...

#3) Get a BIG FAST SD Card (I bought a 66x 1GB card and in burst mode it is great and I get all my photos for the day)

#4) Once you find a great pic/subject take as many different combinations of Shutter / Aperture / ISO / Focal Length and move closer / further away and see what you get. Sometimes that shot that didn't seem to work in the field works a treat as a pic for later – after all a digital pic is free so it its useless remember what you did and do something different next time...
r0nn13 is offline   Reply With Quote