Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Jan 2, 2005, 11:58 AM   #1

I just wanted to post a few pictures of what I took with my FZ10 at a dear friends Open House. They lost their oldest son (Andrew) to a car accident slipping on "black ice" and being hit by and oncoming car which took his life instantly. His life came to an abrupt end on 11-30-04. I saw him one week before his death. I am so glad to have hugged him and telling him that it was so good to see him and ask about his schooling. He did not know at the time if he passed his class to earn his degree. On his wake his parents were given his diploma. I share here because there are many who show so much care and compassion.

Mahalo,

Tom

The following picture is Andrew in jeans with Nathan on his shoulders and Robert giving him a kiss before his college soccer game. I was a coach to three of the five boys in this wonderful family. They are like my own.
Attached Images

vIZnquest is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 2, 2005, 12:03 PM   #2

HOPE
Attached Images

Old Jan 2, 2005, 12:05 PM   #3

Flower Ornament
Attached Images

Old Jan 2, 2005, 12:08 PM   #4

Dessert Table
Attached Images

Old Jan 2, 2005, 1:30 PM   #5

My condolences, vIZnquest. I'm not sure from your post if this was one of your students - I assume so, and I can empathize. I, likewise, had a young woman of 24 - an angel who volunteered to tutor other students, and former student mine pass in an auto accident in September. It's hearbreaking, tragic, and affecting when someone so young passes. If you teach, it affects you differently as you feel you have contributed in a real way to the future of which fate robbed them.
NickTrop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 2, 2005, 1:54 PM   #6

Thanks Nick,

Andrew was one of the first players selected in a tryout for a new soccer clubI had started with three other individuals. Three of the boys were coached by me throughout the years and all of them went on to play in college. Their Dad and I became great friends.

He was a wonderfully talented young man. I was talking to him about this wondeful hobby and was going to loan him my LC40. Well, all I can say is life is yet a moment that can go faster than the click of a camera.
Old Jan 2, 2005, 2:03 PM   #7

Last year is so so sad year. I am Indonesian and just lost terrible number of lifes in Aceh and North Sumatera. My friend here lost his parents in law, his wife and all of his children. I still don't knowseveral friends yet whether they are still alive or not.

To all of you who have help us, let me say huge of thanksfor that.

zoegy73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 2, 2005, 3:57 PM   #8

I am sorry to hear about Andrew. I almost died in a car crash myself. A drunk driver broad sided me doing between 50 & 70 mph. He hit dead center on my door, and hit me so hard my car rolled side over side and back on to it's wheels. I had a collapsed left lung, a ruptured spleen, a ruptured diaphram, and my stomach went through my diaphram and was in my chest cavity, two partially dislocated sholders, and a few minor punctior wounds from jagged metal.

My the floor of my car was pushed up so far that the break & gas pedals where sticking out through the dashboard, and my steering column was bent out through the windshield.

The doctors told me that the only 2 things that saved me was good upper body strength and "not" wearing my seat belt. If I had been wearing my seat belt it would have held me in the seat and I would have sustained more of an impact, not to mention that my legs would have been crumpled and sticking out through the dash along with the pedals.

They say I must have braced myself by holding the steering wheel with enough upper body strength to keep my head from being smashed, and the steering column bending took the impact instead of my skull, and that would explain the 2 partially dislocated sholders.

To this day I still do not remember the impact, and only bits and peices from the scene and the hospital. I remember talking to my wife, my sister, and my mother at one point... Telling them that I was sorry, and that I loved them. I thought I was dying and was so affraid of herting them by dying.

I did'nt even know that I had already been operated on and was stable. I spent about a week in intesive care, and almost another week in a room, and for almost 2 months I could not do anything for myself.

The drunk guy who hit me was 12 times the legal limit. All he got was a black eye from hitting the windshield... Figures...

My heart goes out for your loss...

bobc
bobc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3, 2005, 9:16 AM   #9

ViZnquest,

I am so sorry for your loss. It sounds like you have made a difference in lives of many young folks includingAndrew. I admire your courage to share your pain and to share your photographic tribute to Andrew.

You made a positive difference in the life of a young person.

That is something that no one can ever take from you.

digcamfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3, 2005, 11:21 AM   #10

iam very sorry....i know your pain i just lost my dad...it hurts i knowhow every one connected to him feels...so so sorry.

willow
willow1 is offline   Reply With Quote