Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Jan 3, 2005, 3:44 PM   #11

Love it when the clouds hang below the mountain top. Nice shots.. :-)
jer1ivp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3, 2005, 6:55 PM   #12

i just had prints made of shots 1,3 and 4. the last one showed a bit of noise when blown up to 8x10, but the other two came out very nicely... only way I could've gotten better would've been ASA64 slide film in my old Pentax ME Super, with a VERY long exposure!! I think these will look nice on my wall!! :-)
squirl033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3, 2005, 9:56 PM   #13

I have been to Seattle and love the city and the people in it. Pikes Market was a great place to visit even though it may be touristy for some. I enjoyed the fish throwing and the vegetables and fruits would be something to photograph as most of it looked too gorgeous to eat.
vIZnquest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3, 2005, 10:10 PM   #14

vIZnquest wrote:
Quote:
I have been to Seattle and love the city and the people in it. Pikes Market was a great place to visit even though it may be touristy for some. I enjoyed the fish throwing and the vegetables and fruits would be something to photograph as most of it looked too gorgeous to eat.
that'd be a great idea, but it's usually so darned crowded, it's impossible to get a clear shot without someone's arm in the way! but there are loads of cool little shops and bistros in the market's lower levels... and some very nice views of the bay as well!

squirl033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3, 2005, 11:07 PM   #15

squirl033 wrote:
Quote:
i shot these using aperture priority set at f5.6-f8 from a tripod, shutter speeds whatever the camera picked, between 1 and 3 seconds mostly. zoom settings from 4-8x. the shot of rainier was at full 12x zoom.

yeah, ivar's still has the restaurant on the waterfront, along with one on lake union... how long ago were you stationed in bremerton?
1972- The Nuc. sub I was on put into Bremerton for dry dock refitting.
I actually was stationed out of San Diego but got discharged in December of 1972 from the Bremerton shipyard. So, I have great memories of my last days in the navy and Bremerton/Seattle. I was the ripe old age of 22.
smac
smac is offline   Reply With Quote