Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Jan 3, 2005, 1:17 PM   #1

Just had some pix developed at Wal Mart and they all turned out with a greenish hue to them ... they looked perfect on the screen ???

Any suggestions?
jesuswon is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 3, 2005, 2:04 PM   #2

I took off my HOYA HMC Super UV haze filter and noticed it to be a haxy greenish colour on white paper ... could that be the problem?
Old Jan 3, 2005, 2:12 PM   #3

I also compared it to a plain UV filter by Hoya which by the way was made in the Philippines ...is that right? The haxe filter said JApan on it
Old Jan 3, 2005, 2:18 PM   #4

In my limited (one time is all they got) experience with Wal-Mart printing, they were awful! Like you said, greenish colors, dark looking. On my monitor and with my photo printer, they were perfect. I would say try another printing service.
Bierbaum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3, 2005, 3:44 PM   #5

Did the whole picture have a greenish tint, or did just certain people in the picture come out a little greener than other people when making prints at Walmart?
NickTrop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3, 2005, 3:50 PM   #6

whole picture ... I am trying out winkflash to see if the pix are better. I had some black and whites as well ...snow scenes ... that turned out greenish. should have the new photos processed by Winkflash in about 3 days from England ... much cheaper through them then here in Norway and same time for processing ... hey time to celebrate ...the taxes on everything went up to 25% this year ...up from 24% ...what a rip off! Oh well moving to canada in summer ... I am a Canadian ...tax there is 7 %
Old Jan 3, 2005, 4:08 PM   #7

jesuswon wrote:
Quote:
whole picture ...
Okay... good, good. I jumped the gun a bit, I'm afraid, and have to log-off now to call the special investigation unit of the CIA headquartered in Roswell, NM that this was a false alarm. Thanks. Bye...

:-D
Old Jan 3, 2005, 4:17 PM   #8

What the ... ? did I miss something Nick?? I know you are a funny guy but I am over my head with that....
Old Jan 3, 2005, 5:11 PM   #9

jesuswon wrote:
Quote:
What the ... ? did I miss something Nick?? I know you are a funny guy but I am over my head with that....
Look, it's really not a matter of civilian interest. Sorry, I said too much already. But remember your friends you had to spray with whipped cream? The ones with the eyes? Okay, another group, we have discovered, turns up green in pictures taken with the Lumix camera but ONLY in prints made a Walmart.
Old Jan 4, 2005, 12:52 AM   #10

Nick you are a character ... Happy New Year