Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Jan 3, 2005, 1:24 PM   #1

Hello to all! New to this board and owning an FZ20. Am looking for your experiences with online equipment stores for filters flashs etc. Who is the best overall to buy from? Thanks for your time!
Goosemusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 3, 2005, 1:32 PM   #2

PS: Have read alot of the topics on the board and have found it most usefull. I have already ordered the Phayee adapter as it does seem the best option for future use. Does anyone else see the possible benefit of owning more than one adapter so as to set up dedicated "stacks" with different lenses? This way you could set up a wide angle and telephoto lense "stack" that screws on and off the body 72mm thread. I realize that there will be duplication of filters etc possible but???? when reducer rings etc are required it would be a lot less reconfiguring to change in the field?
Goosemusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3, 2005, 3:58 PM   #3

Hi... in no particular order, these are ones you can't really go wrong with (not to overstate the obvious...)

eBay... various sellers and on-line stores. Good deals from Oly sometimes. Never had an issue personally. Just look at feedback ratings. I got a "great" deal on a macro lens and a teleconverter there. I recommend "watching" an item by looking every day or two and putting it on your watch list. Also, it's almost not worth is to bid until - literally, the last minutes of an auction. Know the price of the object in advance.

Pricegrabber.com... gives you bottom line with shipping and ratings of various merchants. Sometimes I use this in conjunction with eBay. Swear some folks make a 2nd income reselling "deals" from regular on-line retailers with a nice mark-up on eBay from folks to lazy or uninformed to check it out. Others include bizrate, and mysimon, etc.

Amazon... might not be "the lowest" price but usually on the lower end of competitive - fast shipping, often free, and great return policy.

Adorama... old standby, good reputation

B&H Photo... same as above.

As far as setting up multiple Phayee adapters... sure if you think the convenience is worth the dollars. Seems a pricey way to go about it but if money is no object, why not?
NickTrop is offline   Reply With Quote