Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Jan 3, 2005, 6:16 PM   #1

My wife has been using her new FZ20 and loves it. It's a great upgrade from the Oly C-2100. However, she wears eyeglasses and they are getting scratched up from the hard edges of the viewfinder. She does not want to shoot without the glasses.

Does anybody know of a rubber frame or eyecup that would go around the viewfinder? Or, is there somebody who could suggest a home-brew solution?

Thanks...
WalterK is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 3, 2005, 6:50 PM   #2

don't know of anyone who makes a rubber cup, but you could probably make something usable by gluing a strip of foam rubber around the outside of the EVF eyepiece. the sort used for weatherstripping would probably work pretty well...

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"
squirl033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3, 2005, 7:00 PM   #3

Has she tried shooting without using her glasses? She can use the diopter adjustment on the EVF and possibly get a sharp image in the viewfinder so she won't need her glasses. Of course, it's a hassle when she will have to put them back on again after she is done taking pictures. I can understand her not wanting to take the glasses off, but this was just a suggestion.
propwash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3, 2005, 7:29 PM   #4

After reading rezajune's posts I ordered one of these for my fz20 which was also found on ebay.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...e=STRK:MEWN:IT
jhbaker3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3, 2005, 9:11 PM   #5

Walter

Go to a local camera store and ask for an eyecup for the Canon AE-1. It fits perfectly.

Many big chain stores don't carry them, that's why you need to find the little guy, as they usually have everything. I got mine just last week for 5 bucks.

Good Luck.

LarryB
Larry Bradford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3, 2005, 11:19 PM   #6

Larry Bradford wrote:
Quote:
Walter

Go to a local camera store and ask for an eyecup for the Canon AE-1. It fits perfectly.

Many big chain stores don't carry them, that's why you need to find the little guy, as they usually have everything. I got mine just last week for 5 bucks.

Good Luck.

LarryB
THANK YOU LARRY!
Off to the camera store I go. I have been waiting for this kind of intelligent contribution. Muchas Gracias,
smac
smac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3, 2005, 11:25 PM   #7

Walter

If you have trouble getting the Canon eyecup the Nikon DK10 eye cup fits the FZ's just fine (I'm currently using it on my FZ10) and you should be able to pick it up from any Camera store.

here's a link

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/cont...ist&sku=164905

Harj

HarjTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3, 2005, 11:29 PM   #8

I have a problem with mine. I bought that exact same one off ebay. It doesn't seem to be cupped enough,like it's too flat.And I guess my nose is too big because it hit's the lcd screen before I can get close enough to the cup. Is this cup supposed to go right against your face. I think I need a bigger one or something. How's everyone else's fit them. Cal
Quick Cal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4, 2005, 12:15 AM   #9

Those Canon ones work a treat, I got one off eBay. It is quite amazing how much you can stabilise the camera when you put it up to your eye.
Treemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4, 2005, 12:11 PM   #10

Iuse aNikon 2939 eyecupfrom B and H. It works pretty well. It ishalf round and does not interfere with viewing the LCD.

Quickcal:

Iuse theEVFon my right eye. Are you using the left?
Rookie is offline   Reply With Quote