Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Jan 3, 2005, 8:16 PM   #1

Anyone have a suggestion of a case for a FZ-15, All I want it to hold is the camera and a few memory cards. I'd like to get it and the camera ASAP, and don't have much time to go shopping for cases
amacks is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 3, 2005, 10:18 PM   #2
Fox

The first case I got for my FZ15 was a Lowepro EX140. Best Buy had them on sale for $12.90 I could not believe the price. Then for Christmas my in-laws gave me a Lowepro Nova2 AW. It's a great case too. A bit big for the FZ15 but I'm sure it will grow into it:lol: My FZ1 now lives in the EX140 when I'm not using it. Both cases will hold everything you ask about and a bit more.
I will say this about Lowepro. If you have something go wrong with your case they will take care of you.
Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3, 2005, 11:15 PM   #3

amacks wrote:
Quote:
Anyone have a suggestion of a case for a FZ-15, All I want it to hold is the camera and a few memory cards. I'd like to get it and the camera ASAP, and don't have much time to go shopping for cases
Any Circuit City, Best Buy, Target will have an assortment of cases that should fit your needs. I did a quick search on this site using "camer bag" and got more threads than I could read. Your needs are going to be unique so spend just a little time and find a good fit for you.
I also have the LowePro Nova 2 AW bag and I'm very happy with the bag. Here is a link to the thread that has pictures of that bag

http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/v...ight=Nova+2+AW

Good luck,
smac
smac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3, 2005, 11:22 PM   #4

The problem is getting a good fit before I have the camera in hand. I have yet to find a BM store with them, so I'm relying on the generosity of the forums to get a good shape
thanks

Aaron
amacks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4, 2005, 5:58 PM   #5

amacks wrote:
Quote:
Anyone have a suggestion of a case for a FZ-15, All I want it to hold is the camera and a few memory cards....
Hi amacks,

I have an FZ15, and did a similar search in this forum when I was looking for a good quality bag for it. I think you'll find that you'll get a wide variety of suggestions from these good folks.

One thing that you may want to ask yourself, prior to selecting your bag, is whether you plan on storing the camera in the bag with its lens hood adapter attached. You may even want to have the "petal" lens hood attached to the adapter, too. Some people like to have both pieces already attached to the camera(in the bag), so that, when they see something that they'd like to shoot, the camera's ready to go as soon as they pull it out of the bag.

If you've been browsing this forum, you may have read some of the many threads pertaining to after-market lens hood adapters. Many FZ10/15/20 owners go this route, because the stock Panasonic lens hood adapter leaves too much of a gap between the Leica lens and any filter that you may want to use (uv, polarizer, neutral density...)...this gap may cause something I believe they call "barrel reflection"...right, everyone?--not a good thing. There are several after-market lens hood adapters out there...Pemaraal, Raynox, Yoshida, Chen, and Phayee are the ones that are mentioned a lot here. Anyway, it's something for you to consider...and, if you should decide to go this route(I bought a Phayee adapter myself...very pleased with it), then you might want to take that into consideration when choosing your bag. What I did was get the after-market adapter first, then I measured the camera's dimensions with the adapter and hood attached. Then I looked for camera bags with the interior dimensions that worked the best for my camera.

The bag company that I went with, which isn't mentioned on this forum very often, is "M-Rock", a small company out of Colorado that makes very high quality, feature-loaded camera bags in both the traditional "rectangular" shape, and the popular "holster"(lens-down) shape. I went with their "Glacier Bay", a rectangular- shaped model, because I liked its dimensions, and because M-Rock provides a unique "U"-shaped lens cradle that supports the long lens while in the bag. I chose this model because I plan on getting a slave flash for the camera, and the bag has the extra room for it. But they have other smaller models that will pretty much fit just the camera, some filters, a couple of extra batteries, and a few memory cards. I love my bag :G , and highly recommend M-Rock to anyone looking for a very well made, well thought out camera bag. Here's the link to M-Rock's online store(you can also buy them directly from M-Rock's website, but this online store is actually cheaper):
http://www.AllCameraBags.com/

I will post a couple of pics of my bag with the camera inside in a few days....'hope this may be of help....good luck!

Geoff
sukispop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4, 2005, 6:35 PM   #6

Oh, what the heck....here are the pics of my M-Rock "Glacier Bay" bag:
Attached Images

Old Jan 4, 2005, 6:42 PM   #7

OK, the next one here shows the interior of the bag, showing the "U"-shaped lens cradle(totally "move-able"), the divider(also totally "move-able"), and the extra lens cradle base piece(which I didn't need to support the lens barrel, so I've placed it to take up the extra space that I intend to use for storing my external flash later on). Note that the entire interior is covered in a very soft, digital-friendly tricot material, as is the divider, lens cradle and lens cradle base piece. All pockets and other surface areas are non-abrasive. I also wanted to show the all-weather bag that is tethered to the inside of the front pocket; similar to the all-weather bags that the Lowe Pro "AW" series bags have.
Attached Images

Old Jan 4, 2005, 6:49 PM   #8

Lastly, this pic shows my Lumix FZ15, with the Phayee adapter and Hama rubber collapsible hood, resting snugly(but comfortably) in the bag, with the lens barrel fully supported by the cushy, tricot covered "U"-shaped lens cradle. The camera's positioned with the grip side up, so removing it from the bag is very natural and ergonomic! The bag comes with plenty of pockets for camera manual, extra batteries, charger, extra memory cards, cables, lens cleaner and brush, and other stuff you may want to bring with you. The bag also comes stock with two(count 'em, two!) padded shoulder straps. And there's also a padded modular belt that's available, allowing you to carry the bag as a waist pack, and up to two other small M-Rock modular bags/sacks. Great bag!
Attached Images

Old Jan 5, 2005, 10:52 PM   #9

amacks wrote:
Quote:
The problem is getting a good fit before I have the camera in hand. thanks.
Aaron
Hi Aaron,

M-Rock makes a holster style bag that will fit your FZ15, with its stock lens hood adapter and "petal" lens hood attached, quite well, with just enough room left over for a nice camera strap...and with pockets that will hold your camera manual, extra memory cards, extra battery or two, and an extra filter, too. It's called the Yellowstone, and I'll post a pic of it from their website. Lowepro makes a digital-specific holster bag that will also fit really well, called the Rezo TLZ-20. And Tamrac has a cool sling style series called the Velocity Series, and their Velocity 6 would fit your camera and memory cards, batteries, and extra filter.

From your posting, it sounds like you want to be more of a minimalist, and any of the three bags above will serve you well. They're all well made and will not disappoint you. I'm familiar with all three(I even own a Rezo TLZ-20, too), but IMHO, I think the M-Rock has more features for the buck, has a weather jacket, is slightly better made than the other two, has a life time warranty, and M-Rock's owner and head guy, Michael Rockwell, really stands behind his products.

Here's the link to the Yellowstone:
https://interchange.paragoninternetc....php?sku=88002

Good luck, Aaron! You're gonna love your FZ15! Take care.

Geoff
Attached Images

Old Jan 7, 2005, 4:06 PM   #10

sukispop, could you please tell me where you purchased the Phayee adaptor and that collapsable hood? I am in the US and having a hard time finding one. Also, am I right in assuming that the Phayee adaptor allows the use of a 62mm filter? If so, can you use the orignial lumix lens cap or did you purchase a third party one? Sorry for all the questions but I'm about to purchase an FZ20 and I'm wanting to get all my accessories in line so I don't get hammered with shipping charges by ordering them pieces and parts here and there individually.

[edit] nevermind, I got all my answers from the sticky thread on filters. I wish they were easier to get here in the States. I may just opt for the pemaraal adaptor.
eddie_dane is offline   Reply With Quote