Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Jan 4, 2005, 1:54 AM   #1

A couple more photos taken with the dcr-250
Attached Images

Treemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 4, 2005, 1:55 AM   #2

This one was done inside placing the flower behind the drop. I like the colours.
Attached Images

Old Jan 4, 2005, 9:04 AM   #3

I peronally like the 2nd one.

I though you can enhance the pict croping some areas, I see the drop very centered in the frame. I'ts just a very personal comment, I really like colorsat background and into the drop!!
msantos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4, 2005, 10:01 AM   #4

Hi Treemonkey and msantos,

Somehow the 2nd picture reminded me of the first images we have seen of planet Earth from space -- our World as a drop of water...

Then I feltlike playing with this challenge that you have put before us. You see, I do not have an extra macro-lens. So instead I thought of a concept in the opposite direction. What about some sun drops -- our Sun reflected ina stream of water?

This pix was taken at 90 degrees from thesun,in the city park where they have arranged for a small (artificial) stream ofwater.

Uri
Attached Images

uhurvitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4, 2005, 4:34 PM   #5

Treemonkey wrote:
Quote:
A couple more photos taken with the dcr-250
Great shots... didn't know you used the 250, thought me and fmoore were the only users of the Raynox. It is very powerful, isn't it? Really have to watch the DOF. Might be my imagination but I think they have a different look than the Nikon macro lens...

Again, cool shots.
NickTrop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4, 2005, 4:49 PM   #6

You got the idea. These are a little soft on focus mostly because the dcr250 requires bright sunlight.
fmoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5, 2005, 4:38 AM   #7

Thanks Nick and Fmoore, Nick I got the Nikon 6T and dcr-250 a few weeks back. Im still trying to get use to it, the whole problem with dof really makes things interesting.
Nick I agree with you comment on the look of the photos compared with the 6T. The dcr makes very abstract photos where as the 6T photos have more of a realistic feel. Hope this makes sense?
Fmoore, when I was focusing I found that the reflection (or is it a refraction?) would be focused when the leaf was not and I figured I would rather have the reflection with better focus. Thanks for the comments guys.
Old Jan 5, 2005, 4:08 PM   #8

Sorry Tm. Got stuck on other things lately. Meant to catch up here.

Very clean clear shots. The second one needs a boost in levels, otherwise its excellent. With drops we need to focus inside the drop and the reflection/refraction. The focus point is the same distance as it would be from the drop to the background. Follow that ??. Its not actually on the point of the drop. Hope that makes sense :-)

Anyway, excellent work and good results. Keep them coming Kiwi

Danny.

nzmacro is offline   Reply With Quote