Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Jan 5, 2005, 6:12 PM   #11

She did a great job! I have an almost 12 year old who does a pretty good job too. My brother bought her a Coolpix a couple of years ago and she just took off with it with it. You 2 will have a good time doing photography together.
rbgc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5, 2005, 7:35 PM   #12

Those are some very nice pics.
jmblackston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5, 2005, 9:26 PM   #13

Your daughter has "vision".....all that is needed in photography.

Very nice shots.

fz10_user is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5, 2005, 11:00 PM   #14

EXCELLENT !! Nice shots and its interesting how they see. My daughter started at 9 with digital. Wonderful to watch and its a dream to see what they see and take. Good on you fox, good on ya :-)

Danny.
nzmacro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5, 2005, 11:33 PM   #15
Fox

OK guys you are going to start giving her a big head:lol: She ask if she could reply so I am going to let her post this one time under me. I hope this is not against the rules. Chopper123 and Nick, Those are both good ideas and something I'm going to be thinking about. Rbgc, It's always great to spend time with my children and taking pictures with them is that much more fun. Photography is a great hobby and teaches them patience and responsibly to them as well as an appreciation for the world around them. Nzmacro, So true! Thanks. Well, I'm going to turn this reply over to Elizabeth now.

Hi, this is Elizabeth, I just wanted to thank you all for the great replies. When I woke up this morning I expected to find no replies but instead I found 4! And tonight 13! Thank you very much! Yes SOMARF, I am starting to wonder if that grasshopper was mutant to?? The thing was 3 and a half inches long or so!! But I only saw one. Thank goodness.
Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 6, 2005, 2:01 PM   #16

Hi Elizabeth and Fox,

The praise is deserved and you are quite welcome!!

The grasshopper was 3 1/2 inches long that 12x zoom sure comes in handy. I probably would have taken this with me too:ak47:.

Keep :|,

norma
chopper123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 6, 2005, 4:11 PM   #17
al1

if your daughter really took those pictures you'd really offer her your camera and watch her results.

its great :bye:
al1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 6, 2005, 8:00 PM   #18
Fox

Yes, She really did take those pictures. I am letting her use my FZ1v2 for now. I need to get her a bigger memory card. The little 8 and 16meg cards keep her running to the computer to empty them. Yes, Dad is thinking about getting her her own someday. I've got to do some saving:lol:
For now, as long as she takes care of the FZ1 while she is out she can keep using it.
Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 6, 2005, 9:57 PM   #19

I know it's not the best performer as an indoor, low-light snapshooter, and its autofocus hunts in low light, but...

... I know I sound like a broken record, and I admit to obviously being partial, but there's something about the images that come out of that camera. Sharper? Colors a little more vivid? Not saying they're better necessarily - but there's just something distinctive about the FZ-1's images over the others in the line - at least as they appear on the web. It's evident in both shots here but especially the (giant, radioactive, Godzilla's next adversary) grasshopper shot. The colors seem ever distinctive and the details in the tree and gradients are very clear. Dunno... maybe it's me. :roll:

Oh... and your sweetheart of a daughter needs to post more pictures, by the way. Encore!
NickTrop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 6, 2005, 10:02 PM   #20

More pictures!!!
jmblackston is offline   Reply With Quote