Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Jan 4, 2005, 11:18 PM   #1

I just received my -Olympus wcon - 08b- to day...my god what a hunk of glass!!!!!!I went to a old abandoned phosphate prosing plant to give it a try...it was late in the evening so the exposure was not so good...

WIllow
Attached Images

willow1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 4, 2005, 11:41 PM   #2

Geezz Willow, I'm no critic, but that seems very dramatic to me. Nice shot.

I just ordered my 08B yesterday. :G Cal
Quick Cal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5, 2005, 12:40 AM   #3

Other than just taking the photo to see how WIDE is widewith nocomplaints there....I was running out of day light so when i took the pic's "the hay bails in the other post was shot at the same location" I didn't have much time to set the camera up, to try a few adjustment in the manual mode...manual is the mode i use most of the time..so the shots where some what under exposed in some areas andover in others...i will try with more daylight...i am hoping that its a user issue and not the lens.I have shot evening shots quite often and using very similar setting and get better results... I liked the subjects so i ran um through PSP ......u bet i will get to the root of the problem......

and thx for the comment

if any one has any tips on using the WCON 08b "setting configurations" that is..please feel free to help me out here please

willow
Old Jan 5, 2005, 1:13 AM   #4

pretty cool! the first image reminds me of photos of buildings in eastern Europe during or after WWII.... the b&w image definitely adds a dramatic touch!
squirl033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5, 2005, 1:37 PM   #5

nice work willy!:blah:
jesse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5, 2005, 4:02 PM   #6

Great shot, Will. Really like this one. Interesting, my next purchase I think will be a wide angle converter but I was looking at the Raynox (DCR 6800 - forget model, off hand) Looking forward to some more wide angle shots.
NickTrop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5, 2005, 6:18 PM   #7

Nick - You're thinking of the dcr6600 pro. It looks like one of the better wa converters for the fz series. One of the concerns I have with 6600 on the fz1/2/3 isits 52mm threads which will require a step ring. These wa converters are very close to vignetting and/or soft corners and the additional 2-3mm thickness of the step ringwill exacerbate the problem. Another good quality wa lens is the olympus wcon 07 which is 55mm; thus, no step ring with the fz1/2/3. Both the 6600 and the 07 go for around $100.
fmoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5, 2005, 7:42 PM   #8

thx guys....Nick i know you like the IR pics if you look down a few post... there a some what of a IR shot have a look!!!!!!!

willow
Old Jan 5, 2005, 10:21 PM   #9

fmoore wrote:
Quote:
Nick - You're thinking of the dcr6600 pro.¬* It looks like one of the better wa converters for the fz series.¬* One of the concerns I have with 6600 on the fz1/2/3 is¬*its 52mm threads which will require a step ring.¬* These wa converters are very close to vignetting and/or soft corners and the additional 2-3mm thickness of the step ring¬*will exacerbate the problem.¬* Another good quality wa lens is the olympus wcon 07 which is 55mm; thus, no step ring with the fz1/2/3.¬* Both the 6600 and the 07 go for around $100.
Yes, Fred - saw that one to. Kinda torn. Heard about the softness of the Raynox around the edges but I'm leaning toward slightly the Raynox because it's the "widest" I think at .66, which cuts it down to .23, pretty wide. And it has no - from what I hear, barrel distortion.
NickTrop is offline   Reply With Quote