Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Jan 5, 2005, 5:00 PM   #1

Look who they thought had the top rated zoom camera. You have to be kidding or they're taking cash under the table:shock:http://www.**********************/
nooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 5, 2005, 5:30 PM   #2

Totally agree with you-must be some kind of payoff, or else they are just plum CRAZY:crazy:.

Happy :|,

norma
chopper123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5, 2005, 7:45 PM   #3

Think this may just be a side effect of Panasonic's low key marketing of the FZ's compared to the push by other manufacturers like Konica Minolta, Canon, and Olympus to get their big zoom cameras on as many retail store shelves (and advertised in weekly store sales flyers) as possible. Compared to them, Panasonic's FZ's are like black stealth cameras.
Tenshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5, 2005, 7:48 PM   #4

There are no Panasonic cameras listed at all. The didn't seem to have tested any of them.
jer1ivp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5, 2005, 8:09 PM   #5

i've noticed before that this site makes no mention of panasonic cameras anywhere... they obviously haven't looked at the FZ series!
squirl033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5, 2005, 11:27 PM   #6

I looked at the K-M Z2 at a local camera shop, before I found out about the Lumix line(Thank God I did! :G ).

The K-M Z2 cam looks and feels really cheaply made, and makes those uncomfortable creaking sounds when you've got a good grip on it. Now, I hear that their newest version, the Z3, is much improved, feels more solidly built, and boasts image stabilization.

I actually had a DiMage A1 before, and it's a really well made, rugged, mostly metal bodied, 5mp "prosumer" cam. I wasn't happy at all with its overall picture quality. The 3mp images that my old Olympus C-3020 digicam produced were sharper, and had better color...so I sold it on eBay, lost a bunch of dough, and almost immediately bought my FZ15. The FZ15 blows the "prosumer" K-M DiMage A1 away!!!

The Panasonic Lumix long zoom digicams are simply the best long zoom digicams available for under $1,000(and probably more than that)!
sukispop is offline   Reply With Quote