Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Jan 5, 2005, 9:11 PM   #1

Hey guys, just wanted to let you know that b/c of all of your great photography, helpful advice, and friendly demeanors, I have decided to become a professional photographer. I am enrolled in Parsons School of Design for the Winter semester, and I am starting by doing wedding photography. I have my first wedding booked for February. I also fell in love with another camera (please guys don't be mad at me - and I swear, nothing happened, yet....). I am going to purchase the EOS 20D after my return from Hawaii. I am going to need a "professional" camera for the wedding shoots. Also, I have had a lot of trouble with skin tones and flash photography. I have been downloading pics online from the EOS 20D and printing them and the quality is phenomenal, esp. when cropping is needed. Also, I hear (I have been two timing you guys in the DSLR forums, just using 'em for some info) that the low light focusing is great, another problem I am having with the FZ20, at least a third of my shots have been coming out blurry indoors.

Of course my camera bag will have my trusty FZ20, the 12x zoom will be worth the extra weight in my bag, esp. for outdoor photography. I have a niece who will be my assistant at the weddings and she will be using my FZ20 most of the time. If I get any really nice shots I will post them. So the FZ20 will be part of my killer arsenal, and if I ever get famous I will list it in my equipment as well as mentioning you guys, b/c you have been such an inspiration. Part of me just wants to do macro work b/c of all of your great photos. I will probably be doing headshots as well b/c of my strobe system and my hookup at Sony records.

Maybe this post is a little OT, but I just wanted to thank everyone and share my excitement. I will be leaving for Hawaii soon, so I will post my Hawaii pics when I return, or if I have a phone line in my condo I can hook up my laptop and show you all what you are missing (don't be too jealous, it is my first time and probably my last vacation for a long time). Cheers everyone, and thank you all from the bottom of my heart! Nancy
Nancy Gabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 5, 2005, 9:18 PM   #2

Thats Great News...

The best of luck to you, and stay in touch.

If you become famious... Don't forget about us little people...:-)

Have fun and take lots of pics...:|

bobc
bobc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5, 2005, 9:19 PM   #3

Aloha ka kou!

Have a great time in Hawai'i. I miss being home everyday. The food and the variety of it is so good too. I will be going there myself in March with a stopover in NorCal to possibly hit up on smac to shoot some pictures at the refuge and get a hot dog at Weiner Works in Sacramento (my second home).

The sun is brutal in Hawai'i so be careful not to get burned. It is definitely not a fun way to spend your time there like that.

Also, best to you in your new endeavor with photography as a profession. I am sure you will do quite well.

Malama Pono,

Komaki (Thomas)
vIZnquest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5, 2005, 9:39 PM   #4

All the best to you Nancy......hope to hear from you soon, Im pretty sure you are gonna get great shots in Hawai....in fact, is one of the most beautiful places on the earth...

in the same way, I know you are askilled photographer so it's quite probably you'll achievesucces and become famous sooner than later.

Good Luck

Arturo.

fz10_user is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5, 2005, 10:07 PM   #5

Hey Nancy,

[Hugs... ] God Bless you!!! What a completely exciting and wonderful adventure. Best luck in your new career...

love, best wishes, and my most sincere desire for your success!

Nick
NickTrop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5, 2005, 10:31 PM   #6

Thank you all, so much. And as far as me getting burned, Komaki, I am dark skinned by nature, so I won't burn, but thanks for the advice. And I will definitely KIT. It's not like I'm giving up my FZ20, plus, I don't know when I will be able to buy my Canon. Hopefully as soon as I get back. And I guess I will need to develop a website. Lots to do, but for now, I am just going to enjoy my vacation. No worries. Nancy.
Nancy Gabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5, 2005, 11:36 PM   #7
Fox

Nancy, I would like to wish the best to you and hope you make it big time!! As Bob said , Don't forget us little guys here. :lol: Have a great trip! Looking forward to seeing some picture from Hawaii.:|
Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5, 2005, 11:39 PM   #8

Good luck Nancy. And thank's for the help you gave me. Cal
Quick Cal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 6, 2005, 12:29 AM   #9

Nancy Gabby wrote:
Quote:
Thank you all, so much. And as far as me getting burned, Komaki, I am dark skinned by nature, so I won't burn, but thanks for the advice. And I will definitely KIT. It's not like I'm giving up my FZ20, plus, I don't know when I will be able to buy my Canon. Hopefully as soon as I get back. And I guess I will need to develop a website. Lots to do, but for now, I am just going to enjoy my vacation. No worries. Nancy.
Nancy

Best Wishes from downunder ;-)

boyzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 6, 2005, 12:53 AM   #10

Knock 'em dead girl:|
nooner is offline   Reply With Quote