Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Jan 31, 2005, 6:45 AM   #11

See the above rant regarding telecoverters? I'll sum it up in a sentence by borrowing from the old real estate cliche, "price, condition, location... pick any two".

Rule of Teleconverters:

Price, Capability, Distortion-free... pick any two.

...I would add, avoid ANY brand that violates the above.
NickTrop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31, 2005, 8:17 AM   #12

msantos wrote:
Quote:
I want to buy a telephoto lens. My choice is Raynox 2020Pro, however I found this CKC Power KrystalVue LX 8x. It is an 8x Tele lens and they say it is compatible with Lumix FZ-15/20.

http://www.bugeyedigital.com/product...ckc-cvlx8.html

Does someone have any comment about it??

Thanks in advance
I used a Kenko 8x32 with my Nikon CP950. It worked fairly well, but then the CP950 is a low zoom camera compared to the FZ's, and I had to accept that the best time to use it was on bright sunny days. But one problem I encountered that I didn't see mentioned in this thread is that I expect the FZ with the lens you want to use will have a noticable problem in getting a focus lock.
Tenshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31, 2005, 11:59 AM   #13

frogman wrote:
Quote:
Hi, what lences are you talking about Rookie? Or you have in mind the originalPanasonic lences?

Maybe somebody has an example of the photo with the Raynox 2.2X? I do not trust the examples presented in the internet shops
I bought the Panasonic DMW-LTZ10 1.5X teleconversion lens. It was too expensive, but what sold me isit was 2.8 just like the camera. Also, it hadbetter picture quality than all the others.I also liked the idea of amonopod/tripod bracket. I shoot off a monopod at sporting events and thisdistributes the weight very nicely.
Rookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31, 2005, 8:00 PM   #14

msantos wrote:
Quote:
I want to buy a telephoto lens. My choice is Raynox 2020Pro, however I found this CKC Power KrystalVue LX 8x. It is an 8x Tele lens and they say it is compatible with Lumix FZ-15/20.

http://www.bugeyedigital.com/product...ckc-cvlx8.html

Does someone have any comment about it??

Thanks in advance
Forgetaboutit... You will find that a 1.45x tcon14b or a 1.7x Tcon 17 is all the zoom you will ever need. Learn the camera first, post some 420 zooms here and then we will see.
playlong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31, 2005, 9:12 PM   #15

I am with Rookie,

If you ignore the photographer for a minute then there are two major factors that allow for a good photograph, Good light and good glass. I just bought the Panasonic LTZ10 1,5x teleconverter today. After hours of looking at examples on the web, picking peoples brains, and reading reviews. I decided that the two things that allow for a good photograph were the two (Ah, Nicks magic number, 2) things that the Panasonic lens had. At f2.8 throughout the 420-648 zoom range it definitely has light, and the glass elements are very high quality. That coupled with the recommendation of several people that already had the lens and my choice was easy. I know it's expensive but in this case the old adage really is true. "You get what you pay for,"

Good luck, I will post some shots when my lens gets here.

smac

P.S. An 8x teleconverter would be, in my opinion, insanely hard to keep still. I don't care if you had tripod anchored in cement the slightest breeze would bounce that thing around like crazy. Trust us. 8x magnification is TOO MUCH!
smac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31, 2005, 9:43 PM   #16

TimvdVelde wrote:
Quote:
You dug out a really old topic. Please use the search function of the forum and search the whole forum for "2020"

You can find some examples (i have)
au contrar amigo i was finding this topic very interesting...every little bit helps ..this is a legit post and it's nice to keep updated ..why search for old info .i'm saving my pennies for the pana ltz10...
jazzmaster221 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31, 2005, 9:58 PM   #17

Don't think it's a thing you'd use a great deal -- 1.4 to 2X is likely to get more work -- but certainly the price is right.

For a (probably) still relevant and credible review of what appears to be the previous model:

http://www.steves-digicams.com/sharpshooter.html
Idle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31, 2005, 10:06 PM   #18

I wish someone would buy that 8X thing and post some photos

While I am at it I wish someone would buy a HD7000 (WA) and post some pictures with that also.
genece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31, 2005, 10:07 PM   #19

Probably no good. See http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/re...ssage=11179934

For those who are considering a teleconverter and want to get their feet wet, take a look at the oly c210 1.9x (52mm threads) for $40 at olympus emporium special offers. This is an excellent deal. You will not get more zoom for your dollars anywhere else. Works very nicley with all the fz series cameras.
fmoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31, 2005, 10:40 PM   #20

A couple of days ago someone posted an excellent Japanese site that compared different teleconverters: Panasonic LTZ10, TCON14B, TCON17, SONY HGD1758, RAYNOX DCR1540PRO & DCR2020PRO -with FULL RESOLUTION PHOTOS that really allow you to see chromatic aberrations, Take a look at the Raynox you were considering, there is a definite amount of color shift (purple fringing, green on one side and red onthe other) too much for me to consider. So beforeplopping down $200 of your hard earned cash make sure you've seen some good quality photos taken with the lens your considering. JM2C.

Here is the link: http://nighthead.adzoo.jp/fz/telecon/telecon1.htm
guaz is offline   Reply With Quote