Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Jan 31, 2005, 10:45 PM   #21

Read the review of the KrystalVue, and it's actually better than I expected. But what the heck would you need 8X for unless you have an exhibitionist neighbor who lives across the street.
NickTrop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31, 2005, 11:02 PM   #22

One more thing. Have you considered stacking? The Oly. TCON14B+Canon TL55 seem to produce nice results. $150.00 for the TCON14B and $90.00 for the TL55 = $240.00 Pictures taken from 1 1/4 miles away...WOW!!!

Here is the link to take a look: http://pbase.com/10kzoomfz/tele_pd62_comparisons
guaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31, 2005, 11:06 PM   #23

Nick,

Actually I'm trying to get a closer look at that girl in a thong you photographed:blah::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::l ol::|
guaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1, 2005, 9:51 AM   #24

guaz wrote:
Quote:
A couple of days ago someone posted an excellent Japanese site that compared different teleconverters: Panasonic LTZ10, TCON14B, TCON17, SONY HGD1758, RAYNOX DCR1540PRO & DCR2020PRO -with FULL RESOLUTION PHOTOS that really allow you to see chromatic aberrations, Take a look at the Raynox you were considering, there is a definite amount of color shift (purple fringing, green on one side and red onthe other) too much for me to consider. So beforeplopping down $200 of your hard earned cash make sure you've seen some good quality photos taken with the lens your considering. JM2C.

Here is the link: http://nighthead.adzoo.jp/fz/telecon/telecon1.htm

Thanks a lot for that site. In my opinion that is a great compaison.

Anf for what its worth in my opinion the quality of the lens are very close.

In particular for 2.2 power I feel the 2020 is giving a very good photo.

Some may feel no need for that much power but I stack it with other lenses, I feel it is better to have a picture of something a long way off (even if less than perfect) than not to have a picture at all.

This is one of the not perfect shots that was taken with a FZ10 at36X plus a tcon14 plus a Tcon 17.

Believe me this was a long way off, if there had not been people watching it with spotting scopes I do not think I would have seen it at all.

genece is offline   Reply With Quote