Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Jan 7, 2005, 2:22 AM   #11

See my post:

http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/v...mp;forum_id=23

And you'll kniow what I mean. I took those 2 pics with the best and biggest size. And then reduced it and a little of croppingwithout getting loss of the quality.

It's just a matter of time you will find your way with the software. You can shoot any questions here and many will help you.

Cheers.

Jacky
spiderman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7, 2005, 10:16 AM   #12

Hey, thanks for all the comments and encouragement, Guess as my Dad use to say "if at first you don't succeed, try and try again and if you dont you ain't going to learn'

It sure applies to digi photography
Hazzarbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7, 2005, 11:08 AM   #13

Well I tried out your idea Jacky and this is what I got, this little fella crept over the top of my puter screen, he just dropped in to say hello!!!!!!!
Attached Images

Old Jan 7, 2005, 5:39 PM   #14

Very good attempt for a start!!!! That the way to go! Try to play around with the software more about its sizing. But always use the biggest size and best quality(not theTIFF though, the TIFF will take up alot of space) to shoot your pics.

Now a few things for this pic of yours, you are getting a little too close to the spider as you can notice that the lens of your camera cast a shadow on it. So go a little back, zoom in a little, if you do not get as big as you want, no worry. Just as big and sharp the zoom allows you in MACRO mode. After you got your pics, CROP it first to the size you want. Then you reduce it after cropping. Try it again and you'll know what I mean.

You are a fast learner as I can see!

Jacky
spiderman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7, 2005, 6:00 PM   #15

You call that 'little' :?

If I find such in my room, I sure will take some pix, but only after caging it, and checking up the entire house(nah, we are definitely notthat sizeover here :?)

Great pic btw

GB
greenbaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7, 2005, 7:11 PM   #16

Thanks everone, I could of been a little better but the tripod was out in the car, and at 1.30 am didnt want to go opening and shuttin doors on the car, so I had to hand-hold the camera. yeah yeah I know excuses excuses. but yes spiderman this has really got me going now.......willow and nzmacro....here I come!!!!!!
Old Jan 7, 2005, 7:24 PM   #17

bring it on harrylol... give it to us...all here would love to see your shots..and we welcome you to the pana cult :evil:gets kinda scary in here at times!!!!

and sorry for the 10 posts must have been a server - burp :G

willow
willow1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7, 2005, 8:03 PM   #18

Thks willow, i just thought you had had a few drinks and your finger got stuck, lack of ready avaliable funds is theof the things holding me back now.....going to win 'Lotto' tonight then I can go and buy all on my wish list.

Oh yeah now I know why I haven't been sleeping too good....looking at all these macro critters :|
Old Jan 9, 2005, 11:21 PM   #19

Hazzarbone wrote:
Quote:
Me thought I would give 'macro' a try with FZ20, functions quite different than the old SLR. anyways here it is.
Gday M8t
Great shot, gum blossoms rock unique flora.

do some more...
boyzo is offline   Reply With Quote