Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Jan 8, 2005, 9:13 AM   #11

Treemonkey,

That second shot is totally awesome...

Four thumbs up for that one buddy...

bobc
bobc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8, 2005, 9:36 AM   #12

The second shot is Awesome!!! But the first is slightly off focused. But I know you can do it better cos your second shot is really very good!
spiderman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8, 2005, 9:40 AM   #13

willow1 wrote:
Quote:
monkey.....these drops are great like nick said the 2 one is just Awesome and could be entered in a contest..the photo is a good trick...at xmas i used a lil porcelain figurine of Santa to do the same thing...funny thing was he came out up side down -lol- so beware of that.....

What was your setting for that pic willow? And also did you use any add on close up lens? Burst mode? Cos your pic is really very nice too! Maybe a little brighter will be better. Care to share how you managed to capture it, which seemed maybe in 1/4 second it would drop.

JMO
Old Jan 8, 2005, 9:45 AM   #14

Treemonkey wrote:
Quote:
just had a play in PS with this one. Enjoy.
Care to share you did you do with PS? Cos I am still new with PS and like to learn as much from others. TIA.
Old Jan 8, 2005, 10:08 AM   #15

First things first.....this is the monks post and i do not want to step on any toesI was basically complementing him on his cool trick with the photo behind the drop "like he had pointed out" .....Ok now Just to see if any body would notice and who wouldn't thatI had to invert my pic to get santa right side up...All i done to get him in the drop...was to place him in close proximity of the drop behind of course!!!! I use the Nikon 6T and in manual mode F/8 and around 1 sec shutter speed, no flash.....just give it a try !!!!
willow1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8, 2005, 10:19 AM   #16

willow1 wrote:
Quote:
First things first.....this is the monks post and i do not want to step on any toes I was basically complementing him on his cool trick with the photo behind the drop "like he had pointed out" .....Ok now Just to see if any body would notice and who wouldn't that I had to invert my pic to get santa right side up...All i done to get him in the drop...was to place him in close proximity of the drop behind of course!!!! I use the Nikon 6T and in manual mode F/8 and around 1 sec shutter speed, no flash.....just give it a try !!!!
TY for sharing! I know it was inverted! :-) But 1 sec shutter speed? Won't the water drop off? Ok I'll go and try. Thanks again.
Old Jan 8, 2005, 10:22 AM   #17

The photoshopped version looks awesome. How did you make the image inside the drops so sharp with the photoshop anyhow? The one that monkey made that is. The santa one is cool too.
Kenny_Leong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8, 2005, 11:01 AM   #18

Wow; that 2nd indeed rocks the roof off :shock:

A contestwinner for sure

GB
greenbaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8, 2005, 12:08 PM   #19

Spider......that drop= stayed on there a long time bro...I sprayed it on !!!!! MIST:G MIST:G MIST :G from the ole MIST bottle..then just let the run off.... "run off" the lil drops that made it or was saved 'NOT LOST"will hang in there for a while...BTW my boss would not let me install a open air sun foof in my office......JuRk
willow1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8, 2005, 4:26 PM   #20

Treemonkey wrote:
Quote:
These were taken inside so aren't "natural". I tried taking similar shots outdoors but the slightest breeze made it impossible.
Those are awesome shots. As for them being natural, I read somewhere that great photos aren't found, they're made. Personally, I think it's all about the final result. I remembering hearing about a guy who took some famous pic like that (I think it was of a flower reflecting inside a dew drop), he said it took him about 2000 (!) tries to get the right one.
petersky is offline   Reply With Quote