Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Jan 7, 2005, 11:36 PM   #1

This is a link to some pictures I took while on a trip to Sydney a couple of weeks ago:

http://www.pbase.com/paulmj/sydney&page=all

paulmj is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 8, 2005, 12:11 AM   #2

I noticed only pages 3-5 are from the FZ 10.:!:
nooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8, 2005, 12:14 AM   #3

Most of the pictures were with the Lumix. Others were takenwith a Pentax Optio 555.

Old Jan 8, 2005, 12:15 AM   #4

Sydney is a great place. Not as good as New Zealand but still pretty good. Nice photos as well. Pitty Bondi was empty as there is always some thing to see there.:shock:
Treemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8, 2005, 12:28 AM   #5

Well. Sydney is a city and NZ is a country. I will bet there is no city in NZ that measures up to Sydney. This was our first visit, and I think it offers a lot more than what you find elsewhere. We were very impressed with the place.

It would be even nicer if one could afford to live there. Compared to US prices, everything seemed very expensive, even after the .78 multiplier. I've got to assume that average earnings are lower,which makes things even worse.

I own a new Mercedes CLK320 cab that I bought for $60K. I saw one parked in front of the Four Seasons where we were staying. The owner said he paid AUD240K for it, which is kinda outrageous.

I also took some pictures eslewhere in Australia, but few of these were with the Lumix. You can see them all at my webiste at:

http://www.beenthere-donethat.com

Old Jan 8, 2005, 12:35 AM   #6

Treemonkey wrote:
Quote:
Sydney is a great place. Not as good as New Zealand but still pretty good. Nice photos as well. Pitty Bondi was empty as there is always some thing to see there.:shock:
Biased LOL
A good many KIWIS's come to AUS ... btw

BONDI missing OH I KNOW ... white pointers LOL
wink

boyzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8, 2005, 12:51 AM   #7

paulmj wrote:
Quote:
Well. Sydney is a city and NZ is a country. I will bet there is no city in NZ that measures up to Sydney. This was our first visit, and I think it offers a lot more than what you find elsewhere. We were very impressed with the place.

It would be even nicer if one could afford to live there. Compared to US prices, everything seemed very expensive, even after the .78 multiplier. I've got to assume that average earnings are lower, which makes things even worse.

I own a new Mercedes CLK320 cab that I bought for $60K. I saw one parked in front of the Four Seasons where we were staying. The owner said he paid AUD240K for it, which is kinda outrageous.

I also took some pictures eslewhere in Australia, but few of these were with the Lumix. You can see them all at my webiste at:

import duty and sales taxon imp. cars is VERY HIGH here.
AUS is still OK
I have a GF in CA nth bay and we do comparisons.
cost of living energy houses morgage etc is good here.
YES consumer goods cheaper in USA yes...
Old Jan 8, 2005, 1:13 AM   #8

paulmj wrote:
Quote:

It would be even nicer if one could afford to live there. Compared to US prices, everything seemed very expensive, even after the .78 multiplier. I've got to assume that average earnings are lower, which makes things even worse.

Am looking at your site ...
Its really really nice.
WONDERFULL images of AUS...
CHEERS and take care...
JOHN
Old Jan 8, 2005, 1:21 AM   #9

paulmj wrote:
Quote:
This is a link to some pictures I took while on a trip to Sydney a couple of weeks ago:

http://www.pbase.com/paulmj/sydney&page=all

I am looking at your CA // MEXICO // LA Panoram's
I was in CA this year may - june.
Your images are fantastic the panorams are amazing.

best wishes

[email protected]