Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Jan 8, 2005, 6:31 PM   #11
Mag

NickTrop wrote:
Quote:
Mag wrote:
Quote:
The hot spots bug me here
They don't distract. Besides, easily removed in post. Nice still life... fun, romance, and intimacy with your significant other. This series tells a story.
Thank you Nick, maybe i can use these pics to get a sinificant other? lol
Mag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8, 2005, 6:34 PM   #12
Mag

i didnt realize # 3 had that shadow, must of caght the top of my curtain i had draped to defuse the light above.
Old Jan 8, 2005, 6:36 PM   #13
Mag

if ya look close at pics 2 and 3 you can see i had to use clone brush to remove scratches off the center of bottom lip of cap.
Old Jan 8, 2005, 7:06 PM   #14
Mag

heres another shot without the flashandhot spots, but the roses are to dark IMO, and exposure not quite right, maybe i can add these 2 photo together and adjust layer settings and opacities to get a better result.
Attached Images

Old Jan 8, 2005, 8:10 PM   #15

Mag,

I tried my external flash on a beer bottle after reading your post. Just messing around and trying different angles in bouncing the flash. It seems to still get a hot spot. I even pre=focused with a tripod, and turned all the lights in the room out (thinking it was from the lights).

So I put the beer bottle somewhere where I could walk all the way around it. Well... To my surprise... The hot spot the the ceiling light reflected on the bottle moved almost all the way around the bottle as I walked around it.

I could be wrong, but I'm thinking that th roundness of the bottle causes this. I am just an ameture though, and maybe someone who knows more than me will post an answer for you.

I would say... Light the scene with lamps till it's the way you want it, and take the shot from a tripod with no flash.

Sorry I could not be more help.

bobc
bobc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8, 2005, 8:43 PM   #16
Mag

bobc wrote:
Quote:
Mag,

I tried my external flash on a beer bottle after reading your post. Just messing around and trying different angles in bouncing the flash. It seems to still get a hot spot. I even pre=focused with a tripod, and turned all the lights in the room out (thinking it was from the lights).

So I put the beer bottle somewhere where I could walk all the way around it. Well... To my surprise... The hot spot the the ceiling light reflected on the bottle moved almost all the way around the bottle as I walked around it.

I could be wrong, but I'm thinking that th roundness of the bottle causes this. I am just an ameture though, and maybe someone who knows more than me will post an answer for you.

I would say... Light the scene with lamps till it's the way you want it, and take the shot from a tripod with no flash.

Sorry I could not be more help.

bobc
Thank you for your input bob, I think the last sentance may be the answer, along with natural daylight hours so my apt not so dark to start with. That or maybe backing up farther away and zooming in so flash is not so close to subject? Problem is I dont have much room in my apt, not sure how far id hafta back up. Will have to do more experimenting in the future.

thanx again bob

Mag