Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Jan 9, 2005, 12:19 AM   #11

Those sizes are no problem for high speed folks but it would be better for the dial up gang if we don't post picts that large. I was just curious about how much you cropped the picture. But if you were 50 ft or so from the vulture I can get a good idea about the size of the bird in the picture based on my own shots of birds at that distance.
So, there is no need to frustrate people with huge downloads.
Thanks for the reply. It really is a good picture of a really cool bird. I can't wait to see more from you.

The best to you,
smac
smac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9, 2005, 2:08 AM   #12

Pockit Foto wrote:
Quote:
Whew, figured out that Quote thingy!
[/b]
Yay!!!
Quote:
[align=left]Petersky, I too strained to see the feathers. I do not know anything about camera's,
so "spot metering" is greek to me right now. I spotted him, does that mean I did
the first half of that suggestion? :G

Pockit[/align]
I'm still learning a lot myself, so I could be completely off-base here. If I understand it correctly spot metering mode (which is one of the metering modes on my lil' fz1, not sure what the fz20 has) will adjust for the light level of whatever is in the center (some cameras you can move the target) as opposed to averaging out -- though somewhat intelligently -- the scene light level.

And if that made any sense at all... congratulations, buy yourself a drink on me.
petersky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15, 2005, 10:18 AM   #13

petersky wrote:
Quote:
Pockit Foto wrote:
Quote:
Whew, figured out that Quote thingy!
[/b]
Yay!!!
Quote:
[align=left]Petersky, I too strained to see the feathers. I do not know anything about camera's,
so "spot metering" is greek to me right now. I spotted him, does that mean I did
the first half of that suggestion? :G

Pockit[/align]
I'm still learning a lot myself, so I could be completely off-base here. If I understand it correctly spot metering mode (which is one of the metering modes on my lil' fz1, not sure what the fz20 has) will adjust for the light level of whatever is in the center (some cameras you can move the target) as opposed to averaging out -- though somewhat intelligently -- the scene light level.

And if that made any sense at all... congratulations, buy yourself a drink on me.

Hiccup, sorry I missed your reply Peter. Thanks for the info on spot metering. I will
give that a try just as soon as the RAIN stops!!! I never minded the rain until I got
my FZ20 camera and now I sitwait andwatch for the last drop to fall! :roll:

Water in my Pockit

Pockit Foto is offline   Reply With Quote