Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Jan 9, 2005, 3:33 AM   #11

squirl033 wrote:
Quote:
give it try and let me know...
You can comprehend what I said before, right? If you put a flash in front of the cat and then flash it in its eye from 1 foot away, then go do it to yourself as well and see how you feel. It'd be 'fair' to see somebody dish out the same medicine to you, as you did to your cat. Of course, it wouldn't be a nice thing to do this to you...so next time you carry out some idea like flashing the eye of any animal from only a foot away...try think about what it'd be like if you did it to yourself first. That is .. 'don't do things to others that you wouldn't want (those things) to be done to yourself'.
Kenny_Leong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9, 2005, 10:36 PM   #12

i'vedone it. it's no worse than the reflection of sunlight off a chrome bumper. cat wasn't fazed, no reason for you to be. unless, of course, you just like getting in people's faces...
squirl033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 2005, 9:29 PM   #13

yeah ...sure ted. Haven't you ever looked at the owner's manual which warns you not to flash the eyes at close range?

Take a look at this, you clown...

http://www.kodak.com/global/en/servi...al/ch025.shtml

"WARNING: Never use the flash while the camera is close to the eyes of the subject, especially young children. Intense light from the flash can cause permanent eye damage if used too close to the eyes. When using the flash, the camera should be at least 5 ft (1.5 m) away from the subject."
Old Jan 10, 2005, 9:36 PM   #14

If the cat starts bumping into walls and misses the litterbox I think you may be right Kenny_Leong. Other than that I believe you made your point and I tried it before I did this post.:|
vIZnquest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 2005, 9:39 PM   #15

Page 6..canon G6 camera user guide ..
"Do not trigger flash in close proximity to human or animal eyes. Exposure to the intense light produced by the flash may cause eye damage".
Old Jan 10, 2005, 9:44 PM   #16

vIZnquest wrote:
Quote:
If the cat starts bumping into walls and misses the litterbox I think you may be right Kenny_Leong. Other than that I believe you made your point and I tried it before I did this post.:|
Well..let me put it this way...I wouldn't recommend putting my G6 flash say 1 inch...or even a foot from your eye, and then triggering it. And that's only the G6 flash. I'd hate to find out what a more powerful external flash could do.
Old Jan 10, 2005, 10:55 PM   #17

yeah... and the dye in blue jeans causes cancer, too. you made your point. now get over it and move on.

Old Jan 10, 2005, 11:07 PM   #18

Good .. I've made my point, and I showed you the warnings from two very well known camera manufacturers. So don't do it again...got it?

If you reckon the dye in blue jeans causes cancer...then go ahead...list some reputable sources that warn against it. Go ahead sonny jim ... Make mahhHH deeeeaaaaaaYYYY! Do you think I shot 5 bullets? Or 6?
Old Jan 10, 2005, 11:33 PM   #19

do NOT presume to tell me what to do or not do, you self-righteous twit, because unless i'm badly mistaken, no one died and left you in charge. and as for that last asinine comment, i dunno how many bullets you think you have, but i can guarantee you, i got more than enough to finish the job.
Old Jan 10, 2005, 11:37 PM   #20

Kenny_Leong wrote:
Quote:
Go ahead sonny jim ... Make mahhHH deeeeaaaaaaYYYY! Do you think I shot 5 bullets? Or 6?

OMG dude, are you for real?
JEDinNC is offline   Reply With Quote