Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Jan 9, 2005, 12:42 AM   #1

Hello friends
A friend will buy me a digital camera, panasonic (fz15 or fz20) in miami,
florida. Nevertheless, he could not have found her in shops. It has searched
in circuit city, best buy and Walmart, and only has found fz20 in circuit
city, to 599 dollars, which seems to me to be a bit expensive. Someone can
in what shops find these cameras to a good price, especially fz15, that is
about 500 dollars. The on line buying option is rejected: my friend is
fearful and does not give number of credit card to anybody.

Thanks, regards from Chile, sudamérica. Forgive for my English level.
BahianoWRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 9, 2005, 12:55 PM   #2

HI...to get a better deal you will probably have to buy from online by looking around...some online stores have COD "cash on delivery" or the option to pay by check or money order.... I use a card for all my online ordering but I use a card with a smalllimit of $300.00 to $500.00 so if any fraud or the number is stolon it will not be a lot of money..most sites are very safe now anyway.......

good luck

Willow
willow1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9, 2005, 1:21 PM   #3

why doesn't she give credit card number to anybody. If they rip her off so what..just call the credit card company and they take care of it.

the power of using froogle.com is much better than asking tha t question here because this country is so big and not enough members to make up for all the stores here in the us.

If you can use the internet to connect here, than you can use the internet to find a good price.

Nextag.com

pricegrabber.com

froogle.com
Rezajune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9, 2005, 5:25 PM   #4

The only store I know of that even carries the FZ-15 in stock is Fry's Electronics... at www.outpost.com the closest one to florida is in Georgia... I think she should buy it online, if not the only price she is going to find is $599 for the FZ20 since it is the only one in stores.... she can always got to a camera store and get them to order it for her. I got my FZ-15 for under $400 delivered from www.butterflyphoto.com

Ernie
TopSpin80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9, 2005, 6:01 PM   #5

Circuit City.

http://www.circuitcity.com/ccd/processAddress.do

This link will take you to a list of stores in Miami. They have decent prices and you can get the extended warrenty through them, so you never have to ship the camera if soething goes wrong. You just take it to them and they will do the rest.

Also Ritz Camera.

http://www.ritzcamera.com/webapp/wcs...fl&zipCode=

This link will take you to a list of all the camera shops that may carry them.

bobc

bobc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 2005, 3:02 PM   #6

thanks !

i will try to buying online, but i don't have international credit card...
Old Jan 11, 2005, 4:28 PM   #7

I used to think twice about using a credit card online but then figured out it would be much easier for my credit card number/details and signature for that matter to be stolen by a waiter making below minimum wage at a restaraunt than online. So if you have already bought into the credit card concept I am not sure there is much additional risk as long as you look for the secure site symbol (The lock in the lower left corner of most browsers)

-Mike
zerj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 2005, 5:18 PM   #8

Mike

My friend is afraid to the hackers, me not. I know that the safety in Internet has reached a point in which the distrust does not make sense inhigh reputationsites . Nevertheless, I do not have international credit card, and I passed the ready cash money to him, for what only I can only pray in order that he buys in line...the problem is my friend

Thank you for yours advices

Old Jan 11, 2005, 8:29 PM   #9

When I bought my FZ3, Circuit City had a better deal on-line than they did in their stores. I went into my local CC and asked the manager if they would match their on-line price, and they did. No problems. If the store in Miami does what mine did, your friend could go into a CC in Miami and get the camera for whatever their on-line price is.
propwash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16, 2005, 12:51 AM   #10

I live in Miami and i've been searching in stores and apparently only Circuit City has the FZ20 and yeah, for an expensive $599. if anyone is going to have the FZ15 at a good price, it would be Brandsmart. tell your friend to drop by and check if they have it.

si necesitas mas ayuda dejame saber, yo hablo español:idea:
Max_Pain is offline   Reply With Quote