Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Jan 9, 2005, 2:09 AM   #1

From a Sony CD-1000 but one of these paid for the FZ10, lets see if you can guess which one. BTW, its not all macro :-)

This is the untouched version, right out of the box and some how the angle looks wrong :roll:

So manipulated and really heavily we have this version, the angle looks allot better to my eyes and since you seem to like frames, yet another manipulation

I prefer the first one myself as well. Much clearer and nicer IMO.

Danny.

nzmacro is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 9, 2005, 3:00 AM   #2

What do you mean it paid for the FZ? They look nice.
I thought you'd get a kick out this. Hendrix' original handwriting and lyrics as he was writng Purple Haze

Bob
nooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9, 2005, 3:07 AM   #3

Very nice photo Danny, #2 of course. And beautiful frame, I like the pattern inside.
Well done

Basac,
Basac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9, 2005, 3:09 AM   #4

Oh man, that is sooooo cool nooner. You collecting them ???

Heres one I did from toadstools about 3 years ago and guess what I call this one M8t, yep "Purple Haze".

Great stuff nooner, fantasic to see M8t. :-)

Danny.

Old Jan 9, 2005, 7:48 AM   #5

nzmacro,

If I could compose a shot like that first one right out of the camera, I would be at the point where I thought my photography skills where good enough to start getting more into the enhancement side of the "digital dark room".

That is an awesome shot...

I am just a beginner, and I just feel that I would be holding myself back in developing my camera skills by tweeking right now. When I can get shots like yours out of the camera... Then... Yes...

Please don't get me wrong... I love your enhanced art work, and I like messing around with special effects and stuff (kinda breaks the menotteny).

Best regards to ya m8...

bobc
bobc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9, 2005, 7:59 AM   #6

nzmacro wrote:
Quote:
From a Sony CD-1000 but one of these paid for the FZ10, lets see if you can guess which one. BTW, its not all macro :-)

This is the untouched version, right out of the box and some how the angle looks wrong :roll:

So manipulated and really heavily we have this version, the angle looks allot better to my eyes and since you seem to like frames, yet another manipulation

Danny.

That's some cool stuff! Which software are you using? I am using PS7 and still trying to create a pic frame like this but am totally lost! :roll::sad:
spiderman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9, 2005, 8:24 AM   #7

danny.....nice very nice work they both are fabulous m8t

willow

willow1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9, 2005, 4:17 PM   #8

Well Danny, once again you've made me see things that I could only see with help of mind altering means. I am interested in what techniques you use as I'm trying to experiment with PS7 and all it's possibilities. Did you learn by trial and error or some other method? Keep 'em coming.See ya M8t:arrow::arrow::arrow:
nooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9, 2005, 4:52 PM   #9

nzmacro wrote:
Quote:

Danny.

out of curiousity, what exactly did you do to enchance the picture? it looks very good!
whiskers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9, 2005, 6:00 PM   #10

Thanks folks :-)

Whiskers, I spend allot of time editing my shots to get them to look their best, I have to, there is no choice. That was all done in Photoimapct using levels, brightness, contrasts, sharpening, etc. Selective brighting and levels as well. So the work has paid off in more ways than one. If I had left it as is,that shot would have gone no where.

nooner, you da man with da man :-)My all time favorite, bar none. His renditon....s of Voodo chileslight return is pure magic. I've watched 4 versions of that from SRV and each one is totally different and unique. His hero Jimmy would have been proud IMO.

PS7 is very capable nooner (Bob). I have PS8 but I find Photoimpact has becomemy favorite over the years. Its got to the stage now with PI that PS will never out run the abilities of Photoimapct, or its unique features.

I use the lasso tools to cut the image/s and thenstart with a blank black page. Thats the whole secret there Bob. The black page. Into that we place the cut items and move them to suit. Then the effects are added. This way the entire image is treated as a whole, not just certain parts of it.

Some of the ideas come from my other work inmarquetry and then some from using special software to program CNC routers and lasers for the woodworking industry. From there is where it really came from. I could see designs and the possibility of using other software for the macro and other photographic work. So its a real mixed bag nooner, but for photographic purposes, I now only use Photoimpact.

All the bast folks and thanks again. :-)

Danny.