Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Jan 9, 2005, 4:20 PM   #1

G'day...I was almost sold on FZ20 until now...but recently one of my friend bought a Konia-Minolta Dimage Z3 and after our discussion now, I am again back to square one!! :?

FZ20 may be better quality lens for still snaps, but doesn't have good quality video let alone inability to use its powerful zoom during video capture. Z3 on the other hand fills in both. What are other ++s or Z3? I don't really mind 4 MP images, weight or design.

I'm told the technology in both cameras for removing the blurrry images of shaky hands are different. Does anyone know what is the difference and which is better?

Thanks in advance:-)

kash is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 9, 2005, 4:34 PM   #2

FZ 20 by a mile. If you want a video cam I would buy one. If you want a killer still camera no contest. FZ20.......:!:
nooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9, 2005, 4:45 PM   #3

IMO... No one can come close to the lense on any of the FZ's. That alone puts them in a legue of their own.

We can only speculate as to next years models from all manufacturers, but right now the Lumix line is way in front, and I think they will work hard to stay there.

I would say, go try both. But in my opinion the Lumix's are the best choice.

bobc
bobc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9, 2005, 5:02 PM   #4

I agree with nooner - if you want good video, go with a video camera. There are few if any digitals which will give you that type of video quality.
I absolutely love this camera - it is heads above anything in its class, in my opinion. I did lots of research, and it soon became apparent from users that there was a real trend emerging as I read the reviews - its one of the highest user-rated digital cameras I have ever seen. If you want opinions, go to those who use the camera.

Here are some user opinions:

http://www.pricegrabber.com/rating_g..._type=masterid

http://reviews.cnet.com/Panasonic_Lu...-30980694.html

http://shopper-zdnet.com.com/Panason...derby=90&sort=

http://cnet.nytimes.com/Panasonic_Lu...-30980683.html

http://www.epinions.com/pr-Panasonic...splay_~reviews

There are PLENTY of others also. I know these are sometimes agonizing decisions, but you will not regret it going with this wonderful camera
nznhut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9, 2005, 7:17 PM   #5

Thanks everyone...it seems I'm back in seat for FZ20...it is a painful process to select the right one isn't it? But you guys rock in terms of expert opinion and timely ones..I'm in Aus and got your feedback pretty much right away ! Cheers guys

P.S. I posted the same question on K-M forum and yet to get any replies, if that's an indication ?!! :-)
kash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 2005, 12:07 AM   #6

If you want someone to recomned you the Diamge, you are in the wrong forum.

Of course FZ-20 is the best you can have on digital now!!. What can we tell you, we are in love with our FZ's!!!

Get the FZ-20, you will not be dissapointed. (If you want video, there are a lot of cheap videocameras )

msantos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 2005, 3:33 PM   #7

Why didn't I choose KM Z3 ? Coz It'slooks like a hair dryer :lol:
zoegy73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 2005, 3:52 PM   #8

zoegy73 wrote:
Quote:
Why didn't I choose KM Z3 ? Coz It'slooks like a hair dryer :lol:

LMAO!
JEDinNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 2005, 9:44 PM   #9

msantos wrote:
Quote:
If you want someone to recomned you the Diamge, you are in the wrong forum.
I believe this post should be in the "What Camera Should I Buy" forum. No one here is gonna recommend the dimage and probably no one in the minolta forum would recommend an fz20.
BoaRd bRYce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 2005, 9:51 PM   #10

I will agree with the last post. It is like going to a Chevy dealer to ask them to help you decide if you want a Ford or a Chevy.

What it really comes down to if you want both a camera on one that does video. It will not be the Panasonic camera. As you stated earlier what the K-MZ3 can do as far as video is concerned there is no other camera that compares with that feature.

If you want a camera. You already heard the bias from here.
vIZnquest is offline   Reply With Quote