Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Jan 10, 2005, 2:44 AM   #11

If I wasn't already over 50 I'd want to be just like her when I grow up.

Very nice shots.
She deserves her own FZ20 dad.
Anne Onimety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 2005, 4:32 AM   #12

Paul - you daughter's a natural! I'm serious! This summer when she's home from school, you gotta enroll her in a photography camp (... if there is such a thing for kids.) Holy Toledo! They're all fantastic. Get the lady a gallery.
NickTrop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 2005, 11:24 AM   #13
Fox

Thank you all for your kind comments. Elizabeth said thank you too. I have shown her some of the pictures you all have posted in the past and she said she wanted to be able to take pictures like that someday. Nick, she really liked the B/W pics you posted recently. You are all an inspiration to her (and me). The photo school sounds cool but I have never heard of one for children. Maybe when she gets a little older. I definitely want us to keep learning more and intend to keep sharing all I have learned with her.
I am very proud of Elizabeth, I think she has a good eye for taking pictures. (I might be a little partial) She is a real go-getter. She came in on Friday evening with 3 ant bites on her arm. She said she was trying to get some close ups of some ants in an ant pile. We had a short talk about being careful when shooting your subject. (Looks like I may end up investing in a macro lens) I think if she stays with this she might one day be able to make it as a pro, but at 12yrs old you never know what they will end up doing for a living. For now, I'll just enjoy watching her take pictures, and years later down the road, I'll enjoy looking at the ones she has taken as I think back of years gone by.
Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 2005, 6:09 PM   #14

Fox wrote:
Quote:
Nick, she really liked the B/W pics you posted recently. You are all an inspiration to her (and me). The photo school sounds cool but I have never heard of one for children. Maybe when she gets a little older.
Awwwwwwwww. I'm flattered/honored/blushing... but I'm just a rank amature. She really does have talent though. Archive those jpegs of hers. Those will - I'm sure, be cherished in the years to come. You know how fast they grow up... When your elderly aunt pinched your cheek as a kid and said, "look how big you got".... she wasn't kiddin'!
NickTrop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 2005, 6:37 PM   #15

They all look great. Another example of the FZ1v2 quality. I may have to get one just for some added fun:arrow::idea::!:
nooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 2005, 7:19 PM   #16

Fox wrote:
Quote:
I think if she stays with this she might one day be able to make it as a pro, but at 12yrs old you never know what they will end up doing for a living.
Make her do it now... When you are my age... She can take care of you...:idea::G:G:G

Just kidding, but she is a natural...

bobc
bobc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 2005, 7:23 PM   #17

Awesome shots. I like the lizard one the best.
erkada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 2005, 8:18 PM   #18

I will have to give credit to you Fox in encouraging your daughter in this wonderful hobby that could very well become a profession for her. The shots are just excellent. I long for better weather so I can get out there and get some shots like that. It will have to wait though and until then I look forward to more postings by you and your daughter.

Mahalo,

Tom
vIZnquest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 2005, 8:21 AM   #19
Fox

NickTrop wrote:
Quote:
Awwwwwwwww. I'm flattered/honored/blushing... but I'm just a rank amature. She really does have talent though. Archive those jpegs of hers. Those will - I'm sure, be cherished in the years to come. You know how fast they grow up... When your elderly aunt pinched your cheek as a kid and said, "look how big you got".... she wasn't kiddin'!
Nick, I hope one day I make it to rank amateur. You do really nice work.

It is so true that they grow up quick. I remember the day she was born, the next thing I know here comes her 12th birthday. I know the day will come when I'll be standing at the door waving goodbye as she goes to start her own life. Enjoy your kids while you can. There only children once.

nooner wrote:
Quote:
They all look great. Another example of the FZ1v2 quality. I may have to get one just for some added fun:arrow::idea::!:

You hear that so much, but it's true. The FZ1v2 is truly a one of a kind camera. It certainly has a special something about it. I was reading on the Panasonic worldwide site about the first time Pana and Leica started to work together. From what I understand, Pana was showing some test images to Leica from the preproduction model and Leica told Pana to take it back and rework the camera. After a few times of that, Pana brought something to the table that pleased both Leica and themselves. Thus was born the FZ1. I think in time it will become a classic to us FZ1 owners.

bobc wrote:
Quote:
Fox wrote:
Quote:
I think if she stays with this she might one day be able to make it as a pro, but at 12yrs old you never know what they will end up doing for a living.
Make her do it now... When you are my age... She can take care of you...:idea::G:G:G

Just kidding, but she is a natural...

bobc

Bob, That's a good one! Elizabeth and I had a good laugh when I showed that one to her.

erkada wrote:
Quote:
Awesome shots. I like the lizard one the best.
erkada, I liked the lizard too. Looks like a little dinosaur to me.

vIZnquest wrote:
Quote:
I will have to give credit to you Fox in encouraging your daughter in this wonderful hobby that could very well become a profession for her. The shots are just excellent. I long for better weather so I can get out there and get some shots like that. It will have to wait though and until then I look forward to more postings by you and your daughter.

Mahalo,

Tom

Tom,Thank you for your kind words. Hope the weather gets better for you soon. Looking forward to seeing more pictures from you as well.
Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 2005, 10:12 AM   #20

Fox, would you mind sharing some bits of wisdom or you have transferred it all to the young one? I am a newbie with FZ20 and have been sruggling with dof/aperture/shutter speed etc. and therefore mostly go 'P'. What I wish to know about every picture here is the settings which made the pictures what they are.

One more thing. Were all these photos taken using tripod? My handhelds never come so sharp.

Thanks in advance.
wise is offline   Reply With Quote