Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Jan 9, 2005, 10:21 PM   #1

Can anybody tell me the electrical connections for the remote control. I have tried both mono and stereo plugs and joined the connections together in various configurations but have had no success in getting the system to work. Has anybody seen the Panasonic remote and what type of plug is on the end of the lead or is ir a unit that plugs into the camera and is fired with an IR controller? Any help would be appreciated. I am just trying to do it on the cheap as I will rarely use it.:?
Rugby29AU is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 9, 2005, 11:03 PM   #2

http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=108195
genece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 2005, 4:00 PM   #3

The home made one looks like a decent option but you could also try here for a production one.. It says Leica on it but I'm told that it's exactly as the remote that, for some reason, panasonic has chosen not to offer..

http://www.opticsplanet.net/leica-di...se-cr-dc1.html

You can shop around if you want but they seem to be the same price everywhere..

Good luck,
Jeff
:G
jsiladi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 2005, 6:38 PM   #4

That remote control from OpticPlanet appears to be the exact same unit I purchased direct from Panasonic in late September for USD $14.98 plus $8.95 s+h.

I suggest putting in an order with Panasonic and waiting until it comes. Nobody should need one bad enough to pay that exorbitant amount of a markup.

:shock:
m.achure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 2005, 11:20 PM   #5

Thanks for the help, thats great

Keith
Rugby29AU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12, 2005, 8:55 AM   #6

I agree. Opticsplanet must have a screw or two loose to charge that much for something that does soo little. 1 month wait at only $14.95 sounds like a much better plan to me for the back-ordered Panasonic YVC0913 model.
somarf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 20, 2005, 12:58 PM   #7

The Payee remote for the FZ20 is available at eBay in auction 7514012324 for $15 + $4 shipping, and works the same as the Panasonic one. Tom
tswill2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 20, 2005, 1:08 PM   #8

tswill2 wrote:
Quote:
The Payee remote for the FZ20 is available at eBay in auction 7514012324 for $15 + $4 shipping, and works the same as the Panasonic one. Tom

I just want to second that ...I have both the Panasonic and the Phayee and they work the same.
genece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 20, 2005, 4:40 PM   #9

Jake D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 20, 2005, 6:24 PM   #10

I got one from Panasonic back in April. Even though it took a month, which they said it would, it was well worth the wait and the money. I'm using my tripod more often nowand blending bracketed exposures to increase the dynamic range of difficult shots. I've found that it's easier and just as effective, if not more so, than using a graduated neutral density filter, which I seldom use anymore. I don't mind that it's not awireless remotebecause the kind of work I do doesn't require me to leave the camera. I just want a steady shot without having to use the timer.I mount the camera on the tripod and clip the remote on the strap neartheright side of the camera. I've found that that is the most convenient placement for me.

If you can build a remote, wireless or not, more power to you. I'm not that technically gifted myselfand would most likely burn my camera up and my house down if I tried. Good luck to you and let us know howit goes.
pggunn is offline   Reply With Quote