Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Jan 11, 2005, 12:23 AM   #11
Mag

evelyne62 wrote:
Quote:
I would have taken the lower part of the picture it is very interesting it has a lot of pattern. it looks like it was cut in half top bottom . i would have fooled areound the bottom of the tree and taken all angle like abstract.
Thank you evelyn, I was thinking about doing something along those lines as well, the pic wasnt cropped and its 5 meg so it was sized down quite abit so i can still crop and tweak the original or better yet go back to this tree and pretty much fill the whole frame with the bottom section which is what turned out best anyway. The tree is very close to where i live so thats not an issue.And i really do like the texture a nice starting point for some abstract work, great idea.

Thanx again

Mag
Mag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 2005, 12:34 AM   #12

As is I find the mix of real into the surreal to be quite effective in the kind of mood it sets for me when I look at it. I would like to see whatever else you come up with on the tips and/or advice given by the other members.

It is great to see such a talented bunch of people here and the ideas are simply amazing.

Keep posting.

Tom
vIZnquest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 2005, 12:38 AM   #13
Mag

bobc wrote:
Quote:
Mag,

That is a very interesting shot. I would have never thought of that...

I think it would be difficult to impossible to maintain the bottom detail without washing the top part out with any camera.

This would be something that I feel would be a good reason to use image manipulation on, because it's something that you just can't do with a camera (at least not to my very limited knowledge).

Maybe you could take 2 shots... 1 The way you have it now, and 2 with the washed out part properly exposed. Then do some kind of overlay thing with it. I don't know all that much about the advanced PS stuff, but it's just a tought, and something that I might try (being inspired by your post).

Great creativity...

bobc
Thanx alot bobc, the original pic wasnt washed out as bad, but it wasnt pretty.Alot of that happenedthrough my techniquepost processing.This pic is made from 2 layers actualy, and your right chosing the right kind of overlay would solve that, but i would of lost more detail in the bottom of the pic which is what i was concentrating on. I think if i started with a pic that wasnt over exposed so much (at the top mainly) to begin with id have better luck.

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"I see alot ofdifferentpotential for this tree, i will most certainly be going back for more shots!

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"Thanx again bob.

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"Mag

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"
Old Jan 11, 2005, 2:27 AM   #14

God...I could have fun with that shotMag when i have a pic that I cant make my mind up if its worthy I plaaay with it.........of course in PSP :G

Very good composition !!!!
willow1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 2005, 2:46 AM   #15

Mag.....I could not stop my self .............Just for the fun of it...please dont be mad at me..........

You call it looking up a tree :GI call it hookin up a tree :G

This is your tree!!!!!!!!!

Willow

Attached Images

willow1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12, 2005, 2:48 AM   #16
Mag

vIZnquest wrote:
Quote:
As is I find the mix of real into the surreal to be quite effective in the kind of mood it sets for me when I look at it. I would like to see whatever else you come up with on the tips and/or advice given by the other members.

It is great to see such a talented bunch of people here and the ideas are simply amazing.

Keep posting.

Tom
Thank you for yourcompliments Tom, Its comments like these that keep upthe incentivearound here to strive to grow as photographers and/or experiment with different techniques.

Thanx again...

Mag
Old Jan 12, 2005, 2:50 AM   #17
Mag

willow that isnot my tree!! lol just kidding, very interesting though, and im not mad at all glad you had fun with it!

and thank you for you compliments, is alot coming from you.

Mag