Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Jan 10, 2005, 3:35 AM   #1
Mag

Not sure about this one, not real happy with compostion but i like the texures on bottom, i think ill take more photosof it in the future.

comments, constructive critisism, or ideas?

Mag
Attached Images

Mag is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 10, 2005, 3:47 AM   #2
Mag

this has quite abit of post proscessing, it has 2 layers 1st one with a black and white film effect using virtual photographer, the2nd layer is color with auto levels and contrast adjusted The 2nd layer is color blend mode. I ended up burning out the branches up top in the process, but it almost works in this photo.
Old Jan 10, 2005, 4:55 AM   #3

This is a very interesting composition. Virtual photographer does some nice black and white, doesn't it? As you said, the top of the tree is a bit washed out but it works on this photo. Nice job... unique photo and composition.
NickTrop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 2005, 10:02 AM   #4

Maybe bracket and blend the photo's would solve the blown out upper portion of the shot. I like the perspective. Interesting shot. :-)
jer1ivp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 2005, 11:06 AM   #5

I like the composition a lot; Could be such a living tree from a spooky movie or so
Maybe you could get rid of the washed out upper portion by taking the pic under more darker cirumstances (like heavy overcast).

GB
greenbaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 2005, 1:39 PM   #6
Mag

NickTrop wrote:
Quote:
This is a very interesting composition. Virtual photographer does some nice black and white, doesn't it? As you said, the top of the tree is a bit washed out but it works on this photo. Nice job... unique photo and composition.
Thanx alot Nick, and yes virtual photographer does some very nice black and white work. I still need practice with it, but i will definately enjoy the practice. I think theres an old creek mill somewhere not to far from here, im gonna hafta check that out if its fairly accessible in the winter I think it would be a great subject for VP and B&W. Theres plenty of other subject as well that would be good, the mill just stands out in my head for that.

Mag
Old Jan 10, 2005, 1:43 PM   #7
Mag

jer1ivp wrote:
Quote:
Maybe bracket and blend the photo's would solve the blown out upper portion of the shot. I like the perspective. Interesting shot. :-)
Thank youjer1ivp and good idea on bracketing, thank you for your input.

Mag
Old Jan 10, 2005, 1:48 PM   #8
Mag

greenbaron wrote:
Quote:
I like the composition a lot; Could be such a living tree from a spooky movie or so
Maybe you could get rid of the washed out upper portion by taking the pic under more darker cirumstances (like heavy overcast).

GB
Thanx alot greenbaron, im glad people like the composition i was a lil worried about it. Thanl you for your input it was fairly overcast seems like that all i ever get here in winter is overcast, but yesterday atleast it warmed up, got above 30! I think i over exposed the original shot. Thanx alot for your feed back.

Mag

Old Jan 10, 2005, 5:51 PM   #9

I would have taken the lower part of the picture it is very interesting it has a lot of pattern. it looks like it was cut in half top bottom . i would have fooled areound the bottom of the tree and taken all angle like abstract.
evelyne62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 2005, 7:44 PM   #10

Mag,

That is a very interesting shot. I would have never thought of that...

I think it would be difficult to impossible to maintain the bottom detail without washing the top part out with any camera.

This would be something that I feel would be a good reason to use image manipulation on, because it's something that you just can't do with a camera (at least not to my very limited knowledge).

Maybe you could take 2 shots... 1 The way you have it now, and 2 with the washed out part properly exposed. Then do some kind of overlay thing with it. I don't know all that much about the advanced PS stuff, but it's just a tought, and something that I might try (being inspired by your post).

Great creativity...

bobc
bobc is offline   Reply With Quote