Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Jan 10, 2005, 9:49 PM   #11

nooner wrote:
Quote:
You guys are having so much fun with the FZ1 I'm thinking about getting one off ebay to use when I want IR, etc. I haven't handled one and was wondering if it is very much smaller than the FZ20
Considerably smaller.About the same size as the fz3. I had the fz20 for a couple of weeks and decided I wasn't ready to let go of the fz1 mainly because of the size difference. The ir capability (with hoya r72 filter) is another big plus. There are some good deals on ebay currently; $210 and $215 buy now among them. Go for it. You will not regret it.
fmoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 2005, 10:51 PM   #12

I got a 2.5x magnifying glass and held it over the lense... Check out this before and after pic.

Attached Images

bobc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 2005, 11:18 PM   #13

Not bad at all Bob, dare I say, brighten it up a bit :-). Also might be a bit of CA there as well Bob. Thats where the corrected Nikons come into play. White is the worst colour to shoot, the CA shows up notin the blue spectrum, but also the red. Out in daylight Bob, would be well worth a try for sure.

All the best pal (Thats a US term in case ya didn't know) :roll::-)

Danny.
nzmacro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 2005, 12:37 AM   #14

Thanks m8tm8 (mateyMate)...:?

bobc
bobc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 2005, 12:38 AM   #15

bobc,

Staying up too late now.:roll:I would like to see what you come up with in trying it with nzmacro's suggestion.

L8r m8t
vIZnquest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 2005, 5:11 AM   #16

Just incase all you people forgot 'bobc' likes his photos "straight" out of the camera......ummmm. digi-camera, oooohhh and by-the-way in true Aussie language, ...(that is in the grandold days) .....'ow's ya bin cobber' ...well m8,mebin acroos the paddock 'bout 10 miles b/4 old tat fence line, ana we gotta sum stray cattle outta ther'

Sorry guys an ladies, just couldn't helpmeself whens ya awl wakes up from ya northern winta ya no's you in Aussie-land

Hazzarbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 2005, 5:24 AM   #17

Some of us arn't asleep cobber, ya big Galar.Corr blimey ya dag, what ya wofling about over da pond.:-)Fairs-u-c-k ofthe sav mate, hows ya fessh und cheeps. :-)never mind ya vegemite
Old Jan 11, 2005, 5:49 AM   #18

Me shoulda 'nown ya would buy inta thisa dissa-cussion, beat's the hell outta doin' nuffin, 'cept 4 some-one suggested somewhere on thissa forum 'Purple-Haze' and letta ya mind go-a-workin, well me added Bourbon 'n' cola ta finish offa da day
Old Jan 11, 2005, 6:06 AM   #19

Yeah a bit hard to get away from this side of the ponddigger. My brother is just coming back from Oz on Thursday. Him and the misses have been touring around over there for the last 18 months. So they come back for 3 weeks and then back over there again. its a tough life mate I tell ya. :-)They have done right around the coasts and up the middle. Now its time to do it all over again, the mad buggers. I'm just jealous is all Haz :-)

All the best over the ditch M8t

Danny.
Old Jan 11, 2005, 6:09 AM   #20

Hey ya added a 't' again won't you ever learn???????

the '8' already has a 't' in't so ya dunna need t'addanuffa,....bloody k 1 w1's

Dont ya thionk we should go ta another forum 4 this???????